This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 9/28/2020 at 12:24 AM, Sasquatch said:

They might beat the Jags, but honestly, they seem checked out already.

I think we have to start wondering how long Zimmer lasts in Minny. Tons of talent on offence regardless of how you feel about Cousins and a defense that's now a shell of its former self. I can just hear Colin Cowherd preaching about how QB's need to be mobile and have an offensive minded HC whenever I look up and down that roster...

On 9/28/2020 at 7:32 PM, packfanfb said:

Truth is, Kirk never fully recovered from that gender reveal mishap. 

Gender reveals are cringey and I have the solution to doing a proper gender reveal if you just have to have one though it's a bit lengthy to post here. What I will say, however, is that it involves a Best Western, people dressed completely androgynously on closed-circuit TV, and copious amounts of alcohol....

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Gender reveal? Ive got the perfect one. You make little trees that you start on fire and they produce blue or pink smoke. And then because youre a ****** who has to have an elaborate gender reveal party you burn your house down around you.

Yeah, that one was the last straw for me so I came up with an idea that avoids all that crap and avoids the potential to spread Covid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Mike Zimmer is the type of guy who screams at an 18-year-old front desk clerk at a hotel and makes her cry and eventually quit because she wouldn't let him cancel a non-cancellable reservation. 

When his defense had all that talent and was dominating their fans loved his “tough guy” routine at the podium. I suspect people will get tired of it if he keeps losing and a bad defense.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I hope Zimmer is in Minnesota for awhile. He's good enough to field a competitive team that's a good test during the regular season but isn't good enough to get Minnesota a trophy. Keep them in purgatory.

We might be putting one coach out of his misery this week.  Min plays at Lambeau on 11/1 after their bye.  If the record is still bad and we hand them an old fashioned mollywhopping, he could get the axe then and there.  It would be sweet but you're right, we might want him to stay and keep them chasing mediocrity.

Of course the opposite could happen so let's just take one game at a time.  I'm a die hard fan but getting cocky 3 games into the season is the stuff Bears fans are made of.

Edited by Refugee

2 minutes ago, Refugee said:

We might be putting one coach out of his misery this week.  Min plays at Lambeau on 11/1 after their bye.  If the record is still bad and we hand them an old fashioned mollywhopping, he could get the axe then and there.  It would be sweet but you're right, we might want him to stay and keep them chasing mediocrity.

Not necessarily, Arthur Blank is like the owner in Cincinnati. Hates change and loyal to mediocrity. Seemed like Marvin Lewis kept his job for 15 years without a playoff appearance.