This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

Jared Goff is going to earn his whole year's salary by just surviving the first two games. Lost his LT and plays the 49ers first then Green Bay. He's going to be under assault. 

I think they have to move Sewell to LT for Decker for three weeks. Sewell really struggled making the move to RT. They leave him at RT with Matt Jones at LT, it's going to be a jail break.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Jared Goff is going to earn his whole year's salary by just surviving the first two games. Lost his LT and plays the 49ers first then Green Bay. He's going to be under assault. 

I think they have to move Sewell to LT for Decker for three weeks. Sewell really struggled making the move to RT. They leave him at RT with Matt Jones at LT, it's going to be a jail break.

Sewell said he took snaps at LT this week, so that's the plan. He said he'll go back to RT when Decker returns. So he'll go up against Nick Bosa in Week 1 and some combination of Smith/Smith/Gary in Week 2. Welcome to the NFL, Rookie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Without making comment on DETs OL situation, I'll withhold opinion about our pass rushing abilities till I see them.

Alright, we failed to be the only team in our division to make the playoffs last year because the Cardinals couldn't beat the Rams, thus allowing the Bears to (as I put it at the end of last season) crash the playoff party.

I'm hoping that we will be the only NFC North team in the playoffs this year. That hasn't happened since 2013 when the division was terrible due to Rodgers being hurt for a good part of the season.

5 hours ago, pf9 said:

Alright, we failed to be the only team in our division to make the playoffs last year because the Cardinals couldn't beat the Rams, thus allowing the Bears to (as I put it at the end of last season) crash the playoff party.

I'm hoping that we will be the only NFC North team in the playoffs this year. That hasn't happened since 2013 when the division was terrible due to Rodgers being hurt for a good part of the season.

Extra spot. Gonna be rough to see none of the other squads. Who cares though as long as we pull the sweep

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Matt Nagy says any of his 3 QB's has a chance to be the starter Sunday. Da Bears is Da Bears is Da Bears. 

And this starting QB carousel approach appears to be back-firing on Nagy.  Fole’s was caught on tape on the sidelines of yesterday’s game saying, “This offense isn’t working.”  

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Matt Nagy says any of his 3 QB's has a chance to be the starter Sunday. Da Bears is Da Bears is Da Bears. 

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

And this starting QB carousel approach appears to be back-firing on Nagy.  Fole’s was caught on tape on the sidelines of yesterday’s game saying, “This offense isn’t working.”  

David Carr went off on Nagy on NFL Network tonight. To paraphrase, I'm done with Matt Nagy, he should be fired and bring in somebody else. He did nothing to protect his rookie quarterback. 

He had more to say but I've never seen a commentator on the NFL Network take a head coach to task like that. For the Packers sake, I hope they extend Nagy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Matt Nagy says any of his 3 QB's has a chance to be the starter Sunday.

Nagy struggles when speaking with the press - he gets confused between subterfuge and sub-turd-fugue*

* fugue =

> A dissociative state, usually caused by trauma, marked an inability to remember one's past.

> a disturbed state of consciousness

• 1 month later...

Found this gem from SteelKing (a pretty good guy actually) on the Viking's board after last night's embarrassment.  Their fans have the bar for a "successful season" set awfully low, but who can blame them when their team consistently pees down its own leg every week!

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

My initial thought will always be the same:

As long as Green Bay doesn't win the Superbowl, its a successful season for us. 

We likely won't beat them, but maybe one of the good NFC teams can in the playoffs.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Found this gem from SteelKing (a pretty good guy actually) on the Viking's board after last night's embarrassment.  Their fans have the bar for a "successful season" set awfully low, but who can blame them when their team consistently pees down its own leg every week!

That is one of the saddest sports posts I've ever seen, thank you for showing it to me

• Like 2

Kinda sounds like what Hawkeye fans say about their season. Lose to their "rival" Iowa State(half the people that go to State cheer for Iowa in football), and the season is a wash. It's as if the ISU game is a litmus test for them as they punch down in that "rivalry."

The Vikes are a joke. The ONE time I wanted them to win, and they blow it against a backup QB and middling defense with Dalvin Cook and the best 1-2 receiver punch in the league.

If that doesn't prove Cousins is a middling QB who can never get the job done against competent teams, I don't know what does.

Edited by KManX89