This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It takes time usually.  At least it looks like you guys are trying now.  7 OL over the last three seasons is at least getting bodies in there.  Part of the suffering has to be because of the trading of draft picks.  Make your bank on 4th and 5th round OL.  But if you don't pick until the middle of the second, and only have 5 picks, sometimes it is hard to pick a guard that takes 2 years to get going.  

This is true, Ryan Pace definitely set us back with his insecurity about using his draft picks. They would’ve been good trades if the pieces in place were the right pieces, in particular Nagy’s offense. Win now trades are dangerous and I’m happy we have our guys now that weigh their decisions (if we disregard the Claypool trade (but if Stevenson pans out, it’s forgiven))

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Go back to your forum and read learn the rules. Your two linemen were at least 3 yards past the LOS when Fields released the pass to the back on the screen. Not the pass to Moore. This is against the rules you clueless F$Ck!

I would like to see a replay of the Moore TD as well. If the WR was blocking the CB covering Moore, while the pass was in the air that should have been called as well. 

When the pass is thrown, Carter is 1 yard down field. Whitehair is 1.5, but the rule is just like an illegal forward pass: the entire body has to be past the 1 yard mark. Stop it at 3 seconds. If I knew how to post screenshots, you would see, but you're OLD and vision is usually the first to go, you clueless F$Ck!

Edited by beardown3231

6 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

This is true, Ryan Pace definitely set us back with his insecurity about using his draft picks. They would’ve been good trades if the pieces in place were the right pieces, in particular Nagy’s offense. Win now trades are dangerous and I’m happy we have our guys now that weigh their decisions (if we disregard the Claypool trade (but if Stevenson pans out, it’s forgiven))

I am not a Fields believer.  But I do think the Bears roster is moving in the right direction.  I think that the line is improved, and I think that Roschon Johnson is a steal for you in the 4th.  I like the WRs too.  Moore and Mooney have put up stats.  Claypool was an overpay, but I think he is at the very least a solid player.  And one of my personal faults is that I really like Equanimeous St. Brown.  

Also, on second thought about Fields... I don't think he is going to be an MVP type of player.  But I don't see why he couldn't be a Ryan Tannehill type of guy who, by my stat box scouting and not been drinking yet today memory, has 3 very good seasons and 3 or 4 good enough seasons out of 10.  And as seen with Tannehill, if you get a good team around him, he can take them pretty far.  

35 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

On the Herbert play, you are 100% right. They were 3-5 yards downfield 

Bear fan who sees things as they are. 

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

When the pass is thrown, Carter is 1 yard down field. Whitehair is 1.5, but the rule is just like an illegal forward pass: the entire body has to be past the 1 yard mark. Stop it at 3 seconds. If I knew how to post screenshots, you would see, but you're OLD and vision is usually the first to go, you clueless F$Ck!

Bears fan who sees things as they want them to be. I watched the replay over and over and they were way past the 1 yard or any body part being 1-yard down the field. 

You should go back to your forum; you came here to troll. I'm guessing because you actually believe Fields is going to be good, or worse, you were excited by the way he played quarterback today. Which is truly hilarious. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am not a Fields believer.  But I do think the Bears roster is moving in the right direction.  I think that the line is improved, and I think that Roschon Johnson is a steal for you in the 4th.  I like the WRs too.  Moore and Mooney have put up stats.  Claypool was an overpay, but I think he is at the very least a solid player.  And one of my personal faults is that I really like Equanimeous St. Brown.  

Also, on second thought about Fields... I don't think he is going to be an MVP type of player.  But I don't see why he couldn't be a Ryan Tannehill type of guy who, by my stat box scouting and not been drinking yet today memory, has 3 very good seasons and 3 or 4 good enough seasons out of 10.  And as seen with Tannehill, if you get a good team around him, he can take them pretty far.  

Well, if you’re taking Tannehill and adding Fields’ scrambling ability, you certainly have a threat at qb. I do think Fields is slept on but also think a lot of bears fans are expecting more of him than he’s capable. I think he has a couple characteristics he might not ever fix: prime among them, his accuracy, as least on a consistent basis. He can get the ball where it needs to go, in impressive spots at times, but then he’ll throw an embarrassing whiff on an easy short route. I’ve said before I don’t think he has an elite passing ceiling, but that doesn’t mean he can’t be something we’re happy with. Tannehill ceiling is pretty modest, but Tannehill has had a couple 4k seasons and a couple 105+ QBR seasons. The bar is low, but if that’s what we get from him, I can’t be too mad. I have faith that he can be our guy. But as a whole, most credible bears fans are insecure but optimistic about our future with him. 

and speaking of credibility, your doting on St Brown there has impacted yours a little bit lol 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don’t debate things unless I’m confident in my perspective. Fans that defend theirs when they’re clearly wrong are the worst 

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bears fan who sees things as they want them to be. I watched the replay over and over and they were way past the 1 yard or any body part being 1-yard down the field. 

You should go back to your forum; you came here to troll. I'm guessing because you actually believe Fields is going to be good, or worse, you were excited by the way he played quarterback today. Which is truly hilarious. 

Once again, hit stop on the video and move your wrinkled up finger and stop it at 3 seconds. You'll see. Put the bifocals on

Packers fans: guy can't throw and has no touch on his passes. His passing is terrible unless it's 20+ yards

Packers fans: so what? He threw the ball short and guys ran for touchdowns. It was TRULY HILARIOUS the way he played quarterback today!

Edited by beardown3231

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Once again, hit stop on the video and move your wrinkled up finger and stop it at 3 seconds. You'll see. Put the bifocals on

Packers fans: guy can't throw and has no touch on his passes. His passing is terrible unless it's 20+ yards

Packers fans: so what? He threw the ball short and guys ran for touchdowns. It was TRULY HILARIOUS the way he played quarterback today!

If Love had put up the exact same stats that Fields did they would be going on non stop about their next HOF QB and how great they are going to be. Zero doubts.

15 minutes ago, Pool said:

If Love had put up the exact same stats that Fields did they would be going on non stop about their next HOF QB and how great they are going to be. Zero doubts.

I dislike that guy too but yeah of course we’re saying that based on Love’s preseason performance and Love wasn’t anything awesome. We’re fans. It’s short for fanatic. Of course we’re over enthused.

The difference is, we haven’t had an entire NFL season show us he will never be anything special when it comes to winning football games like we’ve seen out of Fields. Agree or not time will tell.

And it’s the boy whom cried wolf. How many times can we hear from Bear fans that this is their year/QB and only have it pan out once in thirty years? As a group of fans, being wrong for forever doesn’t seem fun.

25 minutes ago, Pool said:

You think we'd be doing backflips because Love threw three passes behind the LOS? I know you've never seen a competent Bears quarterback, so you are excited by 2 screen passes and a throw to the flat, all gimmie throws for a high school kid. I get your excitement given you've never seen a good quarterback in a Bears uniform, much less an elite one.

Our standards around here are much higher. Deservedly so because we're the winningest franchise in NFL history with the most championships. We have 30 years of Hall of Fame play at the quarterback position and you, well you're the Bears. 

The "Look at Field's Stats" thing here might be the most egregious example of box score scouting I have ever seen.  Yes, he had 129 yards, but about 120 of them were YAC.

It's not that "having guys who can run away from people" is bad, it's that "your team has those guys" doesn't mean that your team is good.  The number of NFL QBs who could have thrown exactly the 3 passes that Fields threw today is about 150.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The "Look at Field's Stats" thing here might be the most egregious example of box score scouting I have ever seen.  Yes, he had 129 yards, but about 120 of them were YAC.

It's not that "having guys who can run away from people" is bad, it's that "your team has those guys" doesn't mean that your team is good.  The number of NFL QBs who could have thrown exactly the 3 passes that Fields threw today is about 150.

Small correction, the first pass in the flat had about 9 yards of YAC. the other two were ALL YAC as they both caught the ball behind the LOS. So, it was 127 YAC on 129 yards passing. 

Edited by Old Guy