This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 8/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, Pool said:

If Love had put up the exact same stats that Fields did they would be going on non stop about their next HOF QB and how great they are going to be. Zero doubts.

Those two TDs were results of good blocking.

1 hour ago, malak1 said:

I don't troll. I bring the facts. Musgrave and Love are unknowns and will remain that way until they show something, anything on the field. Jones is pretty good at the least valuable skill position. Given how young the offense is, there's little evidence to support that the packers will be any good on that side of the ball. 

Your comment, as a Bears fan, was a complete troll move. 

You are a Bears fan! You had the worst record in the league last year and you are talking about the Packers as unknowns. Do you not see the irony in that? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Your comment, as a Bears fan, was a complete troll move. 

You are a Bears fan! You had the worst record in the league last year and you are talking about the Packers as unknowns. Do you not see the irony in that? 

There’s nothing ironic about the facts I presented. 

On 8/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, Pool said:

If Love had put up the exact same stats that Fields did they would be going on non stop about their next HOF QB and how great they are going to be. Zero doubts.

This is fundamentally a false statement.

We have guys on here that still adore Aaron Rodgers and will look for every hiccup Love has to cement their view that Rodgers should still be here and the front office should all be fired.

The rest of us, sans a few, are seriously holding our breath as to what Love is.  We have hope and that is about it.

Even after Love's very solid performance this week, we all saw the big missed throw.  The ones he hit were most easy reads and almost "gimme" throws.  Except for the TD.  That was a gorgeous throw.

We also know that there was zero pressure on Love for his two series.  We know the pressure packages are coming.

Had Love completed 3 passes near the LOS, we'd be rolling our eyes and praying that our coach had more confidence in him to layer some routes and make him read a defense.

Sorry, but that is the truth in this forum concerning Love.

• Like 5

On 8/12/2023 at 9:13 PM, StatKing said:

I watched the games. He wasn't good last year. Not sure touting a guy who threw for 2500 yards last year as a great passer is a hill Bears fans want to die on. This year won't be much different.

After investing their first in a LT who was not a clean prospect....

While adding a legit #1 WR to the roster....

While adding Claypool for pick #32....

While having Mooney rostered.....

Fields needs to get it done or he won't be there long.  This is not the GM/HC that drafted him.  They've given him weapons and protection.  Now it is up to Fields.  Sink or swim.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This is fundamentally a false statement.

We have guys on here that still adore Aaron Rodgers and will look for every hiccup Love has to cement their view that Rodgers should still be here and the front office should all be fired.

The rest of us, sans a few, are seriously holding our breath as to what Love is.  We have hope and that is about it.

You also have me... I love Aaron Rodgers.  I am also rooting for Jordan Love.  Funny that, I like the Packers and most former Packers that don't blast the team or city on their way out.

My biggest concern about Love is that he is turnover prone, especially when compared to Rodgers (but that is a really, really high bar).  I think Love has always shown the capability to move the ball.  I honestly think his floor at this point is Jay Cutler or Blake Bortles.  Both of whom were pretty good, most of the time, then would have the mistake.  My only concern with Love is that he may not eliminate the mistakes.  I will be patient, unless he is throwing 3 INTs per game, and give him about 20 starts before making a judgement either positive or negative.  In his favor, he threw 1 TD to 0 INTs in 2022 on 21 attempts vs 2021 where he had 2 TDs vs 3 INTs on 62 attempts.  So he seems to be getting better.  I also don't believe that in the Bengals game he threw any interceptable passes, if you can take anything away from an abbreviated preseason outing.

On 8/12/2023 at 7:00 PM, dafreak said:

I was more impressed with Clifford than Love....

Impressed or entertained?  Probably also surprised at his competence :D 

Through one preseason game, Clifford is getting close to that Taylor Heinickie, Gardner Minshew, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cooper Rush level of really fun to watch because he is just going to sling the ball.  I don't really think any of these guys are good, but they are really fun to watch because it is pretty chaotic.  And when it comes down to it, that is what sports are for, entertainment.  

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You also have me... I love Aaron Rodgers.  I am also rooting for Jordan Love.  Funny that, I like the Packers and most former Packers that don't blast the team or city on their way out.

My biggest concern about Love is that he is turnover prone, especially when compared to Rodgers (but that is a really, really high bar).  I think Love has always shown the capability to move the ball.  I honestly think his floor at this point is Jay Cutler or Blake Bortles.  Both of whom were pretty good, most of the time, then would have the mistake.  My only concern with Love is that he may not eliminate the mistakes.  I will be patient, unless he is throwing 3 INTs per game, and give him about 20 starts before making a judgement either positive or negative.  In his favor, he threw 1 TD to 0 INTs in 2022 on 21 attempts vs 2021 where he had 2 TDs vs 3 INTs on 62 attempts.  So he seems to be getting better.  I also don't believe that in the Bengals game he threw any interceptable passes, if you can take anything away from an abbreviated preseason outing.

I think he's getting better at not throwing INT's because he's getting more decisive and getting rid of the ball quicker. In 2021 a lot of his problem was being under immense pressure, or even getting hit as he's throwing the ball. The pass rush was affecting him more then than it does now. 

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Careful…the last time I tried this argument we got six pages of pro wrestling chat.

I like pro wrestling from when I was a kid.  But I am not a fan of it now that I am not a kid.    But I will rewatch 80s and 90s wwf and still enjoy it.

• Like 1