This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Impressed or entertained?  Probably also surprised at his competence :D 

Through one preseason game, Clifford is getting close to that Taylor Heinickie, Gardner Minshew, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cooper Rush level of really fun to watch because he is just going to sling the ball.  I don't really think any of these guys are good, but they are really fun to watch because it is pretty chaotic.  And when it comes down to it, that is what sports are for, entertainment.  

Clifford played extremely well. Not saying he's the guy by any means but if he continues to play like that the rest of the preseason then Love needs to watch his back. Some of those throws he was making were very legit.

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

This is fundamentally a false statement.

We have guys on here that still adore Aaron Rodgers and will look for every hiccup Love has to cement their view that Rodgers should still be here and the front office should all be fired.

The rest of us, sans a few, are seriously holding our breath as to what Love is.  We have hope and that is about it.

Even after Love's very solid performance this week, we all saw the big missed throw.  The ones he hit were most easy reads and almost "gimme" throws.  Except for the TD.  That was a gorgeous throw.

We also know that there was zero pressure on Love for his two series.  We know the pressure packages are coming.

Had Love completed 3 passes near the LOS, we'd be rolling our eyes and praying that our coach had more confidence in him to layer some routes and make him read a defense.

Sorry, but that is the truth in this forum concerning Love.

I saw at least a few people here claiming Love was a guaranteed future HOF'er. And it wasn't just incognito. Case in point i.e. Loves "gorgeous" throw against a 2nd string DB who doesn't even turn around. If the db turns around that's an easy pass breakup. Sorry and with all due respect that was a pretty mediocre throw.

On 8/12/2023 at 9:37 PM, Old Guy said:

You think we'd be doing backflips because Love threw three passes behind the LOS? I know you've never seen a competent Bears quarterback, so you are excited by 2 screen passes and a throw to the flat, all gimmie throws for a high school kid. I get your excitement given you've never seen a good quarterback in a Bears uniform, much less an elite one.

Our standards around here are much higher. Deservedly so because we're the winningest franchise in NFL history with the most championships. We have 30 years of Hall of Fame play at the quarterback position and you, well you're the Bears. 

I love how arrogant and condescending you are about something you had absolutely nothing do with it. Keep 'em coming!🤣

Just now, Pool said:

I saw at least a few people here claiming Love was a guaranteed future HOF'er. And it wasn't just incognito. Case in point i.e. Loves "gorgeous" throw against a 2nd string DB who doesn't even turn around. If the db turns around that's an easy pass breakup. Sorry and with all due respect that was a pretty mediocre throw.

Love read the 1:1, put it high for his WR to adjust, and trusted the receiver.

If it were a rope, it's easy to defend.

But I want my QB putting it high AND throwing it to the WR who is single covered by a dude who has his back to he ball.  If it isn't caught, it 's going to be a PI.  That there is a vet move.  I don't care if the defender is going to be selling insurance in 2 weeks, it is all about the read and the throw.

It's the little things that make that play impressive.

Not sure who called Love a guaranteed future HOF'er.  It wasn't me.  And I do remember @incognito_man man doubling down on the potential of Love versus other QB's.  I didn't share that sentiment, as there just isn't enough data or film to go on.  And I don't feel there was anything else as far out there on Love's potential as incog was at that time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Your comment, as a Bears fan, was a complete troll move. 

You are a Bears fan! You had the worst record in the league last year and you are talking about the Packers as unknowns. Do you not see the irony in that? 

Not really. I don't see how the Bears not being good has any relevance on evaluating other teams and players? And the Packers are huge unknowns this year due to Rodgers leaving? Am I missing something here?

1 minute ago, Pool said:

I love how arrogant and condescending you are about something you had absolutely nothing do with it. Keep 'em coming!🤣

Yah know?  He's not wrong.  Our standard is higher.  If our coach had only let our QB run passes behind the LOS?  We'd probably be losing our minds.  Because those are pretty much "gimmee" throws.  Favre set the bar high.  Rodgers probably raised it.  Love needs to do more to show us that he has "it".  And if I'm being fair, he needs to do more than he did in his 2 series this past game, too.  And that is because the bar is pretty high.

And from your perspective, Fields?  You are not wrong either.  You needed something to show you that he can run an offense.  And you got it.  Get he ball out early and let the playmakers make plays.  He did, and they did.  Maybe that is a core staple to your offense this year.  You have the skill guys for it.  And it'll keep him from being beaten up inside the pocket and while on the run.

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

Not really. I don't see how the Bears not being good has any relevance on evaluating other teams and players? And the Packers are huge unknowns this year due to Rodgers leaving? Am I missing something here?

You aren't.  There were some feelings that got hurt over name calling.

And yah can't put a helmet on feelings.

35 minutes ago, Pool said:

I actually think the mediocre part of that was Doubs not attacking the ball and letting it come to him.  Something that Doubs will have to work on.  A guy like Davante would have snatched that a whole lot longer before the DB had any chance to react.  As is, the DB didn't react anyway, but Doubs could have done better.  Absolutely fine play by Love.  Honestly, criticizing Love for that throw is pretty much looking for faults.  Love's worst play was missing Musgrave for a first down.  That is something that he needs to hit 10/10 times.

41 minutes ago, Pool said:

It was a good throw but you are right, that DB played it awful. Doubs had no business coming down with that ball cleanly. He should have been knocked on his *** at the very least.

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I actually think the mediocre part of that was Doubs not attacking the ball and letting it come to him.  Something that Doubs will have to work on.  A guy like Davante would have snatched that a whole lot longer before the DB had any chance to react.  As is, the DB didn't react anyway, but Doubs could have done better.  Absolutely fine play by Love.  Honestly, criticizing Love for that throw is pretty much looking for faults.  Love's worst play was missing Musgrave for a first down.  That is something that he needs to hit 10/10 times.

His worst play wasnt even the Musgrave miss. That TE screen he missed was more egregious in my opinion. That was a house call if he just gets that ball around the free rusher.

• Like 1