This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

16 minutes ago, StatKing said:

His worst play wasnt even the Musgrave miss. That TE screen he missed was more egregious in my opinion. That was a house call if he just gets that ball around the free rusher.

He altered his arm motion to try to get the ball past the DL. I think the DL just guessed right. I think it was a matter of the DL being either lucky or good.

22 minutes ago, StatKing said:

It was a good throw but you are right, that DB played it awful. Doubs had no business coming down with that ball cleanly. He should have been knocked on his *** at the very least.

Kind of agree with you.  But every week we'd see Rodgers pick on the defender who had his back turned and couldn't see the QB or the ball.

Doubs should have stopped and go airborn for the ball earlier.  At the very least it would have been defensive PI.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

He altered his arm motion to try to get the ball past the DL. I think the DL just guessed right. I think it was a matter of the DL being either lucky or good.

Radio color I think made the point that Musgrave either needed to make a better chip on the DE that tipped it or release higher to a better throwing lane. There really wasn’t much of a window to throw.

1 hour ago, Pool said:

I saw at least a few people here claiming Love was a guaranteed future HOF'er. And it wasn't just incognito. Case in point i.e. Loves "gorgeous" throw against a 2nd string DB who doesn't even turn around. If the db turns around that's an easy pass breakup. Sorry and with all due respect that was a pretty mediocre throw.

You do know that they're just saying outrageous **** and not actually being serious because we know it's just a preseason game, right?

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Kind of agree with you.  But every week we'd see Rodgers pick on the defender who had his back turned and couldn't see the QB or the ball.

Doubs should have stopped and go airborn for the ball earlier.  At the very least it would have been defensive PI.

Db just made a bad decision. It happens. He thought he could time it up when he should have just ran through Doubs the moment he jumped.

22 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

He's still gotta make that throw. He didn't need to change arm angles. He could have lobbed it over the guy and it still would have been a huge gain, nobody was close to the TE.

Edited by StatKing

31 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Radio color I think made the point that Musgrave either needed to make a better chip on the DE that tipped it or release higher to a better throwing lane. There really wasn’t much of a window to throw.

Radio color got it wrong.  Mugrave did exactly what he should do.  Chip and get into the flat.  The only criticism I would have on that play would be Musgrave should have found more space for Love to get him the ball.  Like maybe get a little deeper into the backfield.

42 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Db just made a bad decision. It happens. He thought he could time it up when he should have just ran through Doubs the moment he jumped.

Hence the PI. It always get called in that scenario.  Even if timed great, the fact that the CB's back is to the ball leads directly to that PI call.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Radio color got it wrong.  Mugrave did exactly what he should do.  Chip and get into the flat.  The only criticism I would have on that play would be Musgrave should have found more space for Love to get him the ball.  Like maybe get a little deeper into the backfield.

Pretty much what I meant by getting up higher…and I concede that the word in that context was pretty vague.

On that point I think we agree, but I will dispute that his attempt at a chip was all that could be expected. If the coaches talk to the two about that play will they be asking Love or Musgrave to adjust?

13 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Pretty much what I meant by getting up higher…and I concede that the word in that context was pretty vague.

On that point I think we agree, but I will dispute that his attempt at a chip was all that could be expected. If the coaches talk to the two about that play will they be asking Love or Musgrave to adjust?

I would think that Musgrave needs to find a way to get himself into a clear path.  While Love needs to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge to a clear path as well.