This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

19 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Lol I cannot wait for week one.

If Barry's game plan can slow down their run game and contain Moores YAC, this should no doubt be a W.

I couldn’t imagine the level of sadness Bears fans would experience if Love tosses 3-4 TDs and Fields still can’t throw the ball.

• Like 1

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I couldn’t imagine the level of sadness Bears fans would experience if Love tosses 3-4 TDs and Fields still can’t throw the ball.

I don't want to get too confident, but the reality was starting to creep in with Bears fan in week 3 preseason gameday thread. 

I'm keeping expectations low for the season. Just want Love to look like the next franchise QB. 

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't want to get too confident, but the reality was starting to creep in with Bears fan in week 3 preseason gameday thread. 

I'm keeping expectations low for the season. Just want Love to look like the next franchise QB. 

I wouldn’t call those expectations low lol but I understand what you mean. A majority of the season’s success will be based on how Jordan looks.

57 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I wouldn’t call those expectations low lol but I understand what you mean. A majority of the season’s success will be based on how Jordan looks.

I'd say a larger factor impacting this season's success will be how close the defense plays to the level of talent they have on that side of the ball.  I can't pretend to have much faith that Barry has things figured out, but the defense shown enough flashes over the past couple seasons to at least think it's possible.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd say a larger factor impacting this season's success will be how close the defense plays to the level of talent they have on that side of the ball.  I can't pretend to have much faith that Barry has things figured out, but the defense shown enough flashes over the past couple seasons to at least think it's possible.

I see it differently . I’m not expecting to compete this year. If Barry can’t get it done, we move on. No harm no foul . Much easier to find a DC who can utilize this talent than to find a QB.

25 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I thought Kevin Harlan said that Joe was entertaining the idea of staying in the booth. I like that. Very few posters have been more rude to Barry than I have been, but the defense has seemed active and cohesive in their preseason showings.

7 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Never bought the hype and the frightening thing about that, was he wasn't under that much pressure. Still forces it to his first read because he can't get through his progressions. 

He just doesn't look comfortable throwing in the pocket. The difference between his footwork and what Love is doing is really noticeable.

• Like 1

It's hilarious how much Fields is getting killed by the Bears fanbase over that Bills game. He's went from He's the  best QB we've ever had to we need to draft another QB next year. Some are calling for some rookie backup to be the starter. They're killing him on social media. I hope they do use that draft capital for a QB next year. Just happy they won't get the top two prospects who most likely will be going to Arizona and the Rams.

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

It's hilarious how much Fields is getting killed by the Bears fanbase over that Bills game. He's went from He's the  best QB we've ever had to we need to draft another QB next year. Some are calling for some rookie backup to be the starter. They're killing him on social media. I hope they do use that draft capital for a QB next year. Just happy they won't get the top two prospects who most likely will be going to Arizona and the Rams.

Until he proves he can get through his progressions and keep his eyes up after read 1 is covered, he's going to suck. 

Let's review his preseason. 

Game 1: Threw three completions all behind the LOS and Bears fans were ready to induct him into the HOF.

Game 2: Didn't play!

Game 3: Looked like the same guy he was last year. A running back playing quarterback.