This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

Let's hope he's not a complete bust. Mediocre enough to win them 7 games for half a decade and get an extension. If he sucks they are in the Caleb/Drake stakes, specially with the extra Panthers pick.

Arizona or LA will have the #1 pick. I highly doubt either one will give up that pick to the Bears. 

32 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Arizona or LA will have the #1 pick. I highly doubt either one will give up that pick to the Bears. 

The Rams are going to win at least 7 games with Stafford at QB. You still have Aaron Donald wreaking havoc inside. There is enough talent to win some games. 

Arizona is dumb enough to roll with Murray. 

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

I still can't understand everyone apparently overlooking the rest of the division arguably being the three worst defenses in the league last year. 🤷‍♂️

They'd all have to make a leap to match our mediocre d. 

I figure the Lions being chalk makes sense, they have the most pieces coming back. GB has pretty much everything but Rodgers. Minny lost some pieces but Cousins-to-Jefferson will always make them a threat to win against any but the most elite teams. They're a prime candidate to regress though.

The Bears would need to make a MAJOR leap to get to 500. They could do that, or the wheels could fall of one of the other teams, but IMO it's a three way scrum at the top and if the Bears are lucky (and someone else is unlucky) Chicago might manage to finish 3rd

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I guess I don't share your pessimism with regards to the Rams unless Stafford is damaged goods.

I think the issue is that if you attend a Rams game this year, there's a good chance they will ask you to play defense for them.  But they should be able to score enough points to stay out of the top 3.

Like the Rams could beat the Cardinals twice and win 5 games.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

47 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I guess I don't share your pessimism with regards to the Rams unless Stafford is damaged goods.

I need you to Google their initial 53 man roster and tell me with a straight face they'll win more than 5 games especially in that division.

Notable players on that roster 

Cam Akers RB

Kupp / Van Jefferson WR

Tyler Higbee TE

Donald DL

Other than that I couldn't tell you who any of those guys are at any position on offense.

On Defense Donald and a bunch of guys I never heard of.

Stafford is still a decent QB but that roster looks brutal.

6 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

If I predicted a 5-12 record that would only be because I think that McVay is a PHENOMENAL coach and will get...how does the phrase go, "every bit of juice out of the squeeze"?

Lol have you seen their schedule? Besides a guaranteed two wins against AZ the only winnable games are the Packers or maybe the Saints. They have a brutal schedule.  They may win 3 or 4 games tops.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why’s that?

Their defense is going to be atrocious and the offensive line is going to be very bad. 

They’re essentially a 3 man show, and none of them have youth on their side.