This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

If a fired Jets coach is coming to GB I want it to be Saleh. 

I want Rodgers to retire so the Jets start over and fire everyone because Robert Salah is a top 3 defensive mind in the NFL but there is no way they break Rodgers’ spirit by firing him even after 3 bad seasons statistically with him waiting to turn it all around next year.

4 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I want Rodgers to retire so the Jets start over and fire everyone because Robert Salah is a top 3 defensive mind in the NFL but there is no way they break Rodgers’ spirit by firing him even after 3 bad seasons statistically with him waiting to turn it all around next year.

Agreed. Unfortunately the Rodgers injury probably gives Saleh a free pass on this season. 

Interesting listening to see inside the process… can laugh at their misfortune but is very interesting to understand thought process…

fun story about Cleveland personnel team wanting Mitch and the coaching staff wanting Garrett. Good thing they listened to the coaches haha.

Edited by Green19

I just don't get how NFL front offices evaluate QBs lol. Everyone and their mother could see that Trubisky was a nothing burger at UNC. His tools weren't even that good ffs. Kid must have just nailed interviews or something. Same thing with Nathan Peterman. No idea how that man keeps stealing NFL paychecks even as a back-up or fringe roster player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't get how NFL front offices evaluate QBs lol. Everyone and their mother could see that Trubisky was a nothing burger at UNC. His tools weren't even that good ffs. Kid must have just nailed interviews or something. Same thing with Nathan Peterman. No idea how that man keeps stealing NFL paychecks even as a back-up or fringe roster player.

For as bad as Peterman is he must really "know" football and be good in the QB room and that's what the teams that grab him want?

Looks like only one start in the last 5 years I guess.

Just now, Norm said:

For as bad as Peterman is he must really "know" football and be good in the QB room and that's what the teams that grab him want?

Looks like only one start in the last 5 years I guess.

Man has to be there as a pseudo coach and nothing else because he's not the kind of back-up that you can insert and expect to win you games. He's the full on mantra of "those who can't do, teach" but in this case, coach.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

Interesting listening to see inside the process… can laugh at their misfortune but is very interesting to understand thought process…

fun story about Cleveland personnel team wanting Mitch and the coaching staff wanting Garrett. Good thing they listened to the coaches haha.

Laughing at the radio homer guys trying to sneak the urban legend in that Justin Fields performed “the best ever” at the S2 test. Shameless 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Man has to be there as a pseudo coach and nothing else because he's not the kind of back-up that you can insert and expect to win you games. He's the full on mantra of "those who can't do, teach" but in this case, coach.

That was pretty much the case with Graham Harrell.  He was with the Packers from 2010-2012.  He is now the OC for Purdue, and he is still just 38.  

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That was pretty much the case with Graham Harrell.  He was with the Packers from 2010-2012.  He is now the OC for Purdue, and he is still just 38.  

Graham Harrell also wasn't absolutely butt awful in college tho. Nathan Peterman was inaccurate and skittish as hell in the pocket. He just looked bad and robotic in college. Graham at least you knew that his tools were lacking and that's why his NFL success didn't translate (like a Kellen Moore). Peterman has a big arm.

17 hours ago, Green19 said:

Even funnier is how drastically that decision impacted CHI.  Does CHI end up taking Mahomes/Watson at #3 after SF takes Garrett #2?