This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

22 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think CHI will need to match the 7 wins from last season for Eberflus to keep his job.  With the rest of the NFC-N looking stacked, and having to play another 4 vs the NFC-W, that's going to be a challenge for them.  They needed a full implosion from TEN to win that game in week 1.  These next 6 weeks are critical for them, because things could get ugly for them after that.  Their 2nd half schedule is looking brutal: GB, MIN, @DET, @SF, @MIN, DET, SEA, @GB

Yikes to that end of year schedule. Hopefully they win a few early ones to keep thrm away from the top 5

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Bears fans are twisting themselves into pretzels trying to convince themselves Williams throwing for over 300 yards validates him. 

The guy was awful. He got about 150 Drew Brees yards at the end of the game. 

Gotta love articles like this, stating how good Williams is:

https://www.bleachernation.com/bears/2024/09/22/colts-21-bears-16/

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Bears ownership/FO probably also has some questions about why Justin Fields is looking more competent by the week in PIT.  If Fields continues to improve, that's going to be a factor if things don't also turn around for Williams.

They need a offensive minded HC if that's where they want to focus their drafts on. I have never been a fan of a defensive minded HC if you don't have a all-star OC to match him

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

I'm going to give Flores the benefit of the doubt here. He was in Miami when they drafted Tua. He wanted somebody else; I think Herbert. Turns out he was not wrong. 

If he goes to Chicago in your scenario; he knows the quarterback is in place and will go, knowing that is the situation. 

I though that there was a story out there about Miami and that draft.  Club guys wanted Love, owner wanted Tua.

But I'm going from memory here.....

Bears really should have invested more into that OL when they were lined up to get Williams.  They already had DJ Moore and Kmet for the passing game.  I liked Rome coming out, but they should have found a way to draft an OL there.  And they should have done more for the OL in free agency.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Bears really should have invested more into that OL when they were lined up to get Williams.  They already had DJ Moore and Kmet for the passing game.  I liked Rome coming out, but they should have found a way to draft an OL there.  And they should have done more for the OL in free agency.

Yep, teams continuing to prioritize the skill guys over the OL on offense just baffles me.  Everything on offense goes through (1) the QB and (2) the OL.  If you get those two things right, the rest is relatively easy.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I though that there was a story out there about Miami and that draft.  Club guys wanted Love, owner wanted Tua.

But I'm going from memory here.....

Could have been Love; I'm not certain. Don't think Love turns out if he's forced to play right away. I looked back because I wasn't sure, but Tua went one pick before Herbert.

FWIW

Dolphins Rumors: Brian Flores 'Preferred to' Draft Justin Herbert over Tua Tagovailoa

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported Flores prefers "bigger, strapping pocket passers" and that "numerous" people around the league have heard Flores wanted Herbert, who isn't necessarily a pocket passer but does fit the size bill at 6'6" and 237 pounds

Big respect to MLF for how he's had the Packers offense playing without Love.

Do you think he'll bring Love back for our week 4 match up? The Vikings have been getting to the QB a lot this season so if Love isn't 100% yet it might be wise to let him fully heal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, viking said:

Do you think he'll bring Love back for our week 4 match up? The Vikings have been getting to the QB a lot this season so if Love isn't 100% yet it might be wise to let him fully heal

I believe Love is playing! Looking forward to this one for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have a feeling there are owners who are more interested in ***** stadium than W's in the standings. 

Another note, the Cowboys haven't been a threat since Jimmy Johnson's draft picks left or retired. Tell me I'm wrong. 

30 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes. Darnold was also getting tagged and the Pack had 8 sacks yesterday. Do you think he’ll be playing?

6 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Yes. Darnold was also getting tagged and the Pack had 8 sacks yesterday. Do you think he’ll be playing?

I think the team is still waiting on the MRI but I think it's likely he'll be fine. He returned and played 2 quarters after going off.