This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Bears really should have invested more into that OL when they were lined up to get Williams.  They already had DJ Moore and Kmet for the passing game.  I liked Rome coming out, but they should have found a way to draft an OL there.  And they should have done more for the OL in free agency.

54 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yep, teams continuing to prioritize the skill guys over the OL on offense just baffles me.  Everything on offense goes through (1) the QB and (2) the OL.  If you get those two things right, the rest is relatively easy.

This just seems to be so incredibly obvious to me that it blows my mind some teams apparently don't see it this way. It's probably the last 35 years of being a Badgers fan but at just about every level of football it's pretty much a universal truth that if you have a really good OL you're at least not going to suck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Could have been Love; I'm not certain. Don't think Love turns out if he's forced to play right away. I looked back because I wasn't sure, but Tua went one pick before Herbert.

I swear it was Love.  And, I agree with you.  Love wasn't ready and covid put him even farther back.  He was like Rodgers in that he was drafted to the right club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I have a feeling there are owners who are more interested in ***** stadium than W's in the standings. 

Another note, the Cowboys haven't been a threat since Jimmy Johnson's draft picks left or retired. Tell me I'm wrong. 

Depends on how you define "threat".  They've won their division enough.  They were what, a #2 seed last year?  I'd consider that a threat.

Jerruh had a spell of bad drafts and no QB.  Prescott hitting really helped that out.  Dak just hasn't shown the ability to win much in the playoffs.

And we seem to have their number.  So, are they a threat to us?  Eh, only kindda.  And I say that tongue in cheek just because we play them well.

6 hours ago, viking said:

Big respect to MLF for how he's had the Packers offense playing without Love.

Do you think he'll bring Love back for our week 4 match up? The Vikings have been getting to the QB a lot this season so if Love isn't 100% yet it might be wise to let him fully heal

I honestly think timing, record, and opponent don't factor in at all.  If Love is ready, he will play.  If he is not, he won't.  A good indicator may be if they choose to elevate Sean Clifford again.  I believe this would be elevation number 3, and he would have to be released or rostered.  I *think* that they have to elevate PS players the day before the game, while a Love decision can be made all the way up until game time.  It would be a huge surprise to me if Love dresses and doesn't start.