This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one who think the Bills upgraded at receiver?  Matthews has had better production and health and most importantly less diva attitude.  I like what the Bills are doing. 

Yes. Watkins is a far better receiver than Matthews.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yes. Watkins is a far better receiver than Matthews.

Physically.  He's also a whiner who's missed 11 games in three years. 

He also wasn't re-signing with Buffalo, so Buffalo had to play the franchise tag game with him or lose him.  A second and a starting CB are better than a third round pick. 

Bills come out ahead both this year and beyond because a player is only as good as his availability, and Watkins is fragile. 

Spare me with, "If only he had a QB."  Calvin Johnson had 78 catches for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns with Culpepper, Stanton and Orlovsky throwing to him in his second year.  Tyrod Taylor is better than any of those QBs were at that point. 

17 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Spare me with, "If only he had a QB."  Calvin Johnson had 78 catches for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns with Culpepper, Stanton and Orlovsky throwing to him in his second year.  Tyrod Taylor is better than any of those QBs were at that point. 

I'd take any of those guys over Goff though.  Goff last year was in competition for the worst QB I've ever seen take NFL snaps.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

5 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Personally, I want the Cowboys at full strength. I think our run D is gonna be top notch again this season. Would like to see how they fare against a healthy and equipped Dallas front.

Personally, I've never understood the "we want them at full strength" thing. The objective is to win, period. That objective is easier if you are playing against a weaker team. I hope their entire team is out by Week 5. That goes for everyone else we play this year as well. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Personally, I've never understood the "we want them at full strength" thing. The objective is to win, period. That objective is easier if you are playing against a weaker team. I hope their entire team is out by Week 5. That goes for everyone else we play this year as well. 

Lol, I'm the same way.  It's not like if we got to the playoffs our players and our coaches wouldn't let everybody know that Elliot provides a different challenge.  I feel like we would have been in the Super Bowl (for better or worse) if we played the Falcons at Lambeau last year. 

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Eh, sure the path to the easier win is through injuries but no one is suddenly going to be a believer in our defense if we hold McFadden to 40 yards. With a young front 7, I would like to see them tested earlier. The experience pays off in the late part of the season.

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Physically.  He's also a whiner who's missed 11 games in three years. 

He also wasn't re-signing with Buffalo, so Buffalo had to play the franchise tag game with him or lose him.  A second and a starting CB are better than a third round pick. 

Bills come out ahead both this year and beyond because a player is only as good as his availability, and Watkins is fragile. 

You only hate him because he as a highly drafted receiver lol

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Meanwhile, TJ Watt....:o

Like I just posted elsewhere, neither were that impressive. The QB ran right into him on the first one. Second one looked like they didn't know who to block. Still sacks though.

7 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Like I just posted elsewhere, neither were that impressive. The QB ran right into him on the first one. Second one looked like they didn't know who to block. Still sacks though.

Corner was our bigger need by far. Heck Perry and Clay if healthy are gonna be great, if Clay would have gotten that sack I just wonder what people would be saying.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

Corner was our bigger need by far. Heck Perry and Clay if healthy are gonna be great, if Clay would have gotten that sack I just wonder what people would be saying.

I would have been fine with Watt and everything. I was just throwing out it's just Erick flowers and he didn't destroy him or anything haha

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Am I the only one who think the Bills upgraded at receiver? 

They didn't "upgrade" at receiver but I agree that I like the deals for them.  Matthews is pretty blah, but he is reliable.  6-3 and slot only... poor man's eric decker.

Darby is the best player/contract in the whole exchange though right given Watkins on a 1 year deal, matthews on a 1 year deal, and gaines also on a 1 year?  Darby signed for 2 years cheap is nice.  Hard to say if he's a top CB that they did all that well.