This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

I think I've come to terms with Minnesota winning the super bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I'm ok with it. I'd rather them win than the Pats again. Plus it makes our division stronger, and hopefully wakes our team up. I know they're our biggest rival right now, but I don't really dislike any player on that team like I do some on Seattle, or Cam Newton. Plus it would force them to keep Keenum, and I have a hard time seeing them being consistently deep in the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers, the Eagles and Cowboys coming up etc. 

That being said I really don't want an Eagles superbowl without Wentz..

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think I've come to terms with Minnesota winning the super bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I'm ok with it. I'd rather them win than the Pats again. Plus it makes our division stronger, and hopefully wakes our team up. I know they're our biggest rival right now, but I don't really dislike any player on that team like I do some on Seattle, or Cam Newton. Plus it would force them to keep Keenum, and I have a hard time seeing them being consistently deep in the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers, the Eagles and Cowboys coming up etc. 

Idk...... I have some serious PTSD from watching games with the worst Vikings fans imaginable (aren't they all?). As unpopular as it sounds, I'd have to root for the pats in that scenario. Actually I root against the queens in any scenario, even against the hated bears. 

I apologize in advance lol

• Like 1

Just now, Kepler said:

Idk...... I have some serious PTSD from watching games with the worst Vikings fans imaginable (aren't they all?). As unpopular as it sounds, I'd have to root for the pats in that scenario. Actually I root against the queens in any scenario, even against the hated bears. 

I apologize in advance lol

I don't blame you. It will suck having to listen to Vikings fans for the next 7 months, but at the end of the day we have appreciated a ton of success as Packers fans and I can't help but be ok with Minnesota fans winning something

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't blame you. It will suck having to listen to Vikings fans for the next 7 months, but at the end of the day we have appreciated a ton of success as Packers fans and I can't help but be ok with Minnesota fans winning something

I’ll hate it and the months of listening to some Viking fans rant and rave about their first SB win will suck hard but I’ll have to give credit where it’s due. Winning a SB with Case Keenum, even this version of Case Keenum, is impressive. Obviously, Philly won’t be a cake walk and I’d probably have either the Jags or Pats as favorites in the SB. 

51 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

The way I see it, you've got the leg-up and we'd simply be leveling off with you for this era. We had our best opportunity in 2009 with Brett when we really should've won as favorites. I always found the Childress/McCarthy hirings as a fascinating juxtaposition of our two organizations before you boys did the job. For a while there was a decent back-and-forth. As I said, we blew our opportunity, you would eventually go on to win a deserved Super Bowl.

No taunting from me if we did happen to go all the way, but so much is still to be decided. I can't help but feel as though a lot more magic is required if we're to win this year.

Edited by Purple-Pride07
  • Like 3

I think this team has a challenge to rise to and hopefully the new GM and coaching structure is up to the task. Vikings could win it all this season, Bears have kept Fangio and another decent draft could improve their fortunes. Lions can be a really dangerous team as well.

This next couple of years will ask questions of the Packers and whether they can still be near the top of the NFC North. We need more than Rodgers, the team has to be better built around him. If we don't rise to the challenge we could be in for a rough few years.

41 minutes ago, Purple-Pride07 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

The way I see it, you've got the leg-up and we'd simply be leveling off with you for this era. We had our best opportunity in 2009 with Brett when we really should've won as favorites. I always found the Childress/McCarthy hirings as a fascinating juxtaposition of our two organizations before you boys did the job. For a while there was a decent back-and-forth. As I said, we blew our opportunity, you would eventually go on to win a deserved Super Bowl.

No taunting from me if we did happen to go all the way, but so much is still to be decided. I can't help but feel as though a lot more magic is required if we're to win this year.

This is not meant to sound rude, but I'd say the vikings still have a bit to go to catch the packers this decade. 3 nfccg plus being in the playoffs every year but this year. 

I don't want any Super Bowl that doesn't involve both Nick Foles and Blake Bortles. The chosen one got hurt this year, so to me this is pretty much an invalid NFL season. Might as well make it as lol worthy as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

This is not meant to sound rude, but I'd say the vikings still have a bit to go to catch the packers this decade. 3 nfccg plus being in the playoffs every year but this year. 

No, not at all, you're absolutely right. The few years we've been able to take the NFCN we were unable to do anything with it past that for a variety of reasons. The equalizer, in any case, is Rodgers, as we have the unholy task of facing our own version of a TB12-esque figure twice a year, but this season was a moral raiser in a lot of ways. Overcoming multiple devastations at QB put a lot of wind in the Vikings' sails and I think in GB's case the challenge will be to try and do the same after seeing what happened after Rodgers' injury.

To be completely candid, I actually thought the Lions were well equipped to win the division this year as my sleeper. But then they, you know... Lion'd.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Purple-Pride07 said:

No, not at all, you're absolutely right. The few years we've been able to take the NFCN we were unable to do anything with it past that for a variety of reasons. The equalizer, in any case, is Rodgers, as we have the unholy task of facing our own version of a TB12-esque figure twice a year, but this season was a moral raiser in a lot of ways. Overcoming multiple devastations at QB put a lot of wind in the Vikings' sails and I think in GB's case the challenge will be to try and do the same after seeing what happened after Rodgers' injury.

To be completely candid, I actually thought the Lions were well equipped to win the division this year as my sleeper. But then they, you know... Lion'd.

Who are you and why don't you post here more

• Like 1

I consider myself a caring...generous....giving kinda guy.....but I have to draw the line somewhere!  :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Purple-Pride07 said:

Haa. I'm a FF member, class of 2006, who barely posts in my own forum. I've always enjoyed venturing into here for intelligent dialogue. We can save the barbarism for out in the real world. 

(...or Bears fans)

If you're looking for intelligent dialogue try to stay out of the Packers forum

• Like 2