Jrry32 Post-Senior Mock Off-Season

jrry32

20 hours ago, G08 said:

Wanted to ask ya'll what you think the odds are that Tavon Austin is cut this off-season?

I wouldn't mind him one bit in Chicago in a Tyreek Hill kind of role.

Sounds like you want Ted Ginn, not Austin. Vastly different players despite the speed being in common. 

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's never developed into a deep threat. He's not a good route runner, he doesn't catch the ball in traffic well, and he's not elite with his top-end speed. It's his acceleration and quickness that are elite. His top-end speed is merely good. Maybe some WR Coach figures out how to get through to the kid, but he just never developed into much of a WR here. I think I'd take a shot on teaching him how to be a HB and see if he can learn to pick up blitzes. He'd be a killer change of pace runner with some practice.

That's a damn shame... loved that kid coming outta WVU,

Just now, G08 said:

That's a damn shame... loved that kid coming outta WVU,

Me too. The physical ability is there. IMO, the instincts and football IQ aren't. His instincts with the ball in his hands are still fantastic, though.

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sounds like you want Ted Ginn, not Austin. Vastly different players despite the speed being in common. 

Yea, @G08, if you're that desperate, sign John "Smoke" Brown to a "prove it" deal. Or go after Paul Richardson.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yea, @G08, if you're that desperate, sign John "Smoke" Brown to a "prove it" deal. Or go after Paul Richardson.

For sure... I kind of wonder if Nagy is looking at Tarik Cohen and daydreaming things.

Archived