Cravens

Marcus21

On 2/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Marcus21 said:

What are the chances the front office gives Sua a chance to compete for a roster spot? Do you think the team will accept him in the locker room after abandoning them last year? 

My concern is the locker room may not want him around.  But I’m not in that locker room so what do I know.

9 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Talent is talent.
If you're dead set on seeing him gone, let him raise his value for one year and trade him. 

I think I mentioned this awhile ago, but first and foremost the coaching staff needs to ask the captains: "Will the locker room take him back?" You tell them that he's going to have to earn his way back to playing time as if he were a rookie, but that the staff won't even bother if the captains don't believe he will be welcomed home.

Guy quit on you once. I'd sell for what you can get and let some other team try to rehabilitate him.

As long as TWill, Swearinger, Kerrigan and Norman are cool with him returning, I’m cool with it. 

Cravens has talent that our other ILBs and not even Swearinger has shown to lock down RBs out of the backfield and TEs. He is a bit aloof, give him one more chance and See what happens.

We should have allowed him to come back last October when he wanted to becsuse he really could help us as a dime ILB/3rd S on the field. If we had allowed that, by now we’d know if we wanted to keep him long term.

Another stupid decision by the front office.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We should have allowed him to come back last October when he wanted to becsuse he really could help us as a dime ILB/3rd S on the field. If we had allowed that, by now we’d know if we wanted to keep him long term.

Another stupid decision by the front office.

Don't know about this. Maybe it's my steel trap memory (heavily rusted steel trap, mind you), but I don't recall hearing that Cravens wanted back in the NFL until early December or so.

Even if he did want to come back in October, I would still have issues bringing him back then since who knows what shape he was in, and he already quit on the team once?

5 hours ago, Woz said:

Don't know about this. Maybe it's my steel trap memory (heavily rusted steel trap, mind you), but I don't recall hearing that Cravens wanted back in the NFL until early December or so.

Even if he did want to come back in October, I would still have issues bringing him back then since who knows what shape he was in, and he already quit on the team once?

Pretty sure after his time was up on the injury list they put him on that Cravens talked about returning and his representatives were going to have a meeting with the Redskins but then the Redskins decided to put him on the list where he wouldn’t come back all year. If I remember correctly that was in early October, I think around the chiefs game.

Washington Redskins' Su'a Cravens expected back this week

http://www.nfl.com?campaign=tw-articleshare

Published: Sept. 17, 2017 at 05:59 a.m.
Updated: Sept. 17, 2017 at 04:31 p.m.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

When Cravens was brought up one of the local beat guys said a lot of players had told him they would not be happy about Sua returning to the team. They feel like he quit on them. 

Who Compton? The great Will Compton? Talks a big game but can’t back it up Will Compton?

Swearinger? Who plays the same position and wouldn’t want the competition because frankly, in some ways Cravens is better than Swearinger except Swearinger does have some deep coverage ability  but got burned several times this ruse bc he was peaking on shorter routes hoping to jump them and get an int, instead he avoided his deep coverage ability and they gave up deep shot. 

Archived