Cravens

Marcus21

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who Compton? The great Will Compton? Talks a big game but can’t back it up Will Compton?

Swearinger? Who plays the same position and wouldn’t want the competition because frankly, in some ways Cravens is better than Swearinger except Swearinger does have some deep coverage ability  but got burned several times this ruse bc he was peaking on shorter routes hoping to jump them and get an int, instead he avoided his deep coverage ability and they gave up deep shot. 

Basically said leaders of the team were asked about Cravens and many said it would be tough to welcome him back. 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Who Compton? The great Will Compton? Talks a big game but can’t back it up Will Compton?

He's backed it up more than Suzy has. Will may not be our most athletically gifted LB, but he was here. And didn't quit on the team. Tear him down for his play, but I'm not going to let you tear him down as someone who couldn't back it up and Suzy (who quit on the team) did.

I can win with players who have more heart and less athletic gifts. I can't win with the reverse.

Swearinger? Who plays the same position and wouldn’t want the competition because frankly, in some ways Cravens is better than Swearinger except Swearinger does have some deep coverage ability  but got burned several times this ruse bc he was peaking on shorter routes hoping to jump them and get an int, instead he avoided his deep coverage ability and they gave up deep shot. 

First. No way Suzy is better than DJ. Just stop.

Secondly --> Yup. Swearinger got burnt on some plays. Definitely happens to every DB...who is...

...say it with me...

... On...

...The...

...Field!

Gotta be on the team to be on the field. And to be on the team, you gotta not quit on it right before week 1 starts.

Cravens should be packed out to the first team that comes calling.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, and those were the two defensive “leaders.” They talk a big game at least.

I don't care what happens with Cravens. Personally, I'd never trust him again but if he comes back, he comes back. I just look at him as a wasted pick and a guy who'll probably never play for the Redskins again. That ship has sailed in my mind. 

On 2/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Marcus21 said:

What are the chances the front office gives Sua a chance to compete for a roster spot? Do you think the team will accept him in the locker room after abandoning them last year? 

Knowing this front office,  extremely high

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's backed it up more than Suzy has. Will may not be our most athletically gifted LB, but he was here. And didn't quit on the team. Tear him down for his play, but I'm not going to let you tear him down as someone who couldn't back it up and Suzy (who quit on the team) did.

I can win with players who have more heart and less athletic gifts. I can't win with the reverse.

First. No way Suzy is better than DJ. Just stop.

Secondly --> Yup. Swearinger got burnt on some plays. Definitely happens to every DB...who is...

...say it with me...

... On...

...The...

...Field!

Gotta be on the team to be on the field. And to be on the team, you gotta not quit on it right before week 1 starts.

Cravens should be packed out to the first team that comes calling.

Moving on from Cravens now is So Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder. It’s a poor FOOTBALL decision.

McCloughan would keep him because he’s a good football player and McCloughan probably would have talked him out of quitting last year or at worst brought him back in late September/early October.

Also, Cravens is a better tackler than Swearinger. He’s also better at covering RBs & TEs, so yes, Cravens would be a better option as an in the box safety and dime WILB 

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Moving on from Cravens now is So Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder. It’s a poor FOOTBALL decision.

It actually isn't a poor football decision. You want the guys who love playing and have passion for the game. He clearly doesn't. So au revoire

McCloughan would keep him because he’s a good football player and McCloughan probably would have talked him out of quitting last year or at worst brought him back in late September/early October.

I think you're inventing things now. I've not seen Scott say anything on this topic.

Also, Cravens is a better tackler than Swearinger. He’s also better at covering RBs & TEs, so yes, Cravens would be a better option as an in the box safety and dime WILB 

To be a better tackler and a better coverage player, you have to be on the field. Can't do that when you quit on your team right before the season opens.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Why is it a poor football decision?

If the guy isn't going to play for you (and the fact he "retired" right before the season began is kind of a big clue), why keep him? He said he wanted to come back in December. Why? The cynic in me wants to say that it's probably due to bills coming due or no longer being a pro football player. Maybe he was hurt. If that's the case, why not go on IR and keep the paychecks coming? If he wanted to play, they could have recalled him.

No, I don't think he wants to be here. That's fine. I can understand that due to the turmoil in the front office.

However, you don't go about it that way.

Given all of that, if you can find someone who might be willing to give you a seventh round pick this year with a conditional pick in 2019 (maybe up to a 5th?) based on certain playing incentives, why wouldn't you? Yes, you're selling low again. It sucks. But unlike Cousins, you might actually find a buyer this time.

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Wait, is turtle poo-pooing on Will Compton? Wasn't he the one pulling a Kyle Shanahan standing on the table for him 2 seasons ago? Or was that someone else?

It was him.  Dude never met a mediocre football player he didn't love.  

3 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

might be best to not rip on other posters, and stick to actual football topics...

... but hey, wut does I know.... 

Better-Off-Dead.gif

Welcome to the Redskins forum, where nearly 20 years of Dan Snyder have sapped the soul from practically all of us.  

Archived