Players may boycott spring training?

mission27

6 hours ago, NewAge said:

http://www.mlbplayers.com/pdf9/5450407.pdf

I think attachment 49 (pg. 300-302 were potentially violated). Though the lack of specificity on names and probably passable defense that this was based off of non-privileged information is should be enough to defend on a stand-alone basis. 

Not exactly sure what your point is, but the players and MLBPA violated this first, no?

8 hours ago, NewAge said:

Nothing is on record. A Bob Nightengale report does not count to me as any sort of evidence of such a thing existing. 

I do believe Hosmer, Martinez, and Darvish do have nine-figure offers and these media reports are probably useful enough in court to explain away this statement, but this should increase suspicion. 

I've also felt that collusion was on the brink of happening in the MLB for 2-3 years now. 

collusion of what though? Not speaking to the press about free agents?

18 hours ago, NewAge said:

Paragraph 3, sentence 2 of the MLB statement today seems like a non-binding admission of collusion.

@hrubes20

9 hours ago, NewAge said:

http://www.mlbplayers.com/pdf9/5450407.pdf

I think attachment 49 (pg. 300-302 were potentially violated). Though the lack of specificity on names and probably passable defense that this was based off of non-privileged information is should be enough to defend on a stand-alone basis. 

You have it right that there is probably enough to defend, but man that was a stupid statement by MLB.  

11 hours ago, NewAge said:

The average value of an MLB franchise is roughly $1.5 billion. 

$4.5 Million for playing a game may as well be $1.5 billion to most people.  Both are unfathomable and unreachable amounts to others.  If the game stops due to a strike, it will ALWAYS reflect poorly on the players.

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

This has the potential to be horrific if there are any injuries.

How many days before somebodies UCL goes snap?  It happens to someone every spring training somewhere.  What is the recourse if it happens to one of these guys?  Will the MLBPA pay for the rehab?

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

How many days before somebodies UCL goes snap?  It happens to someone every spring training somewhere.  What is the recourse if it happens to one of these guys?  Will the MLBPA pay for the rehab?

Their agent should.  No agent should be advising their client to pitch down there.

Archived