Prediction: Redskins will Tag & Trade Cousins to the Jets!

aceinthehouse

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Actually, they can tag him and try to get him to sign so they can trade him.

If he doesn't sign right away?

They can rescind the tag & still get a 3rd rd compensatory pick, depending on how active they are in FA.

It isn’t gonna happen sir.

ill PayPal you some money if it does.

I just wanted to remind people, of what is about to take place over the next week.

Teams can tag a player starting Feb. 20th.

Free Agency starts March 14th. That's a 22 day window of tagging and trading a player.

The Redskins currently have 31M in cap space at the moment.

They need 34.5M to Franchise Tag Kirk Cousins.

Which means, they will need to release said player(s) to create more cap space. Probably player(s) they intended on cutting anyways.

So that can take on Kirk Cousins 1-yr tag, before trading.

So keep a lookout for the Redskins to making roster cuts, over the next 7 to 8 days.

Presuming if they plan on tagging & trading Cousins to a certain team.

I also expect this to be done very quickly & well before March 14th. The start of Free Agency.

and also when the Alex Smith Trade is finalized and goes on the Redskins books.

I expect Kirk Cousins to sign the tag quickly & not drag it out.

Mostly because I believe he's (or his agent) is a money hungry a-hole & not the God fearing man he personifies himself to be.

His eyes will light up, when he sees 34.5 Million dollars & a signature line I presume.

Not knowing or not caring about the consequences of signing the tag.

and when he does, he'll be someone else's problem.

Man the smoke from the This Tag Pipe must be strong!!

He's not getting Tagged. As idiotic as Washington's FO is, surely even they aren't that stupid to try that! If they do

Sign it immediately

Tell whatever Team asks for a trade, I'm not signing long term with Any Club, trade if you're dumb enough at your own risk.

Collect your 34M and Relax

No Team is Stupid enough to think, let's trade away Draft Picks , "In Hopes" we can convince him to sign long term at a 150M+. No Team!

Classic Snyder being Jerry Complex. You screwed the Pooch, deal with it and move on instead of trying to justify the FUBAR you created.

Most of you keep saying Kirk will sit down and no team will trade .

so the broncos ,browns, jets won't ask at all what the trade is for Cousins ?.

Also cousins will sign for the highest bidder . The only winning team is the Vikings and jags . 

So this will be about money .. as for trading for him a second rounder should do it . Teams get desperate time after time .. remember Bradford for a first round pick?.

50 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Man the smoke from the This Tag Pipe must be strong!!

He's not getting Tagged. As idiotic as Washington's FO is, surely even they aren't that stupid to try that! If they do

Sign it immediately

Tell whatever Team asks for a trade, I'm not signing long term with Any Club, trade if you're dumb enough at your own risk.

Collect your 34M and Relax

No Team is Stupid enough to think, let's trade away Draft Picks , "In Hopes" we can convince him to sign long term at a 150M+. No Team!

Classic Snyder being Jerry Complex. You screwed the Pooch, deal with it and move on instead of trying to justify the FUBAR you created.

Draft picks ? Kirk gonna get paid either way . A second rounder should do it . That's basically guaranteeing a probowl qb that if you where already interested was gonna pay either way .

redskins won't ask for a lot I doubt it . And LOl so John Elway won't call the redskins at all for cousins ?. We all know he sucks at drafting and depends on free agency .

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't blame him, I'd do the same.

Right lol I'm finding it hard to believe how skins won't get anything . Kirk is gonna get as much as Jimmy G just did if not more . For him to say no and to sit would be stupid . No one gonna sit down for 34 mil a year on a one year deal vs  a potential 28mil-5 year deal guaranteed . 

If he's good he will transform the Browns,broncos,Vikings, etc . No team gonna sit back and say " O yea I feel good drafting Mayfield who tried to fight cops ."

Kirks a class act and very likeble guy. Proven three solid statiscal years . Yet people keep saying he's gonna sit and no team will trade.

Okay lol

On 2/6/2018 at 11:53 AM, Uncle Buck said:

I don't know where Cousins will go, but as long as he doesn't end up in Minnesota I'm happy.  IMO, Teddy Bridgewater is more than good enough to get us to the promised land if he is healthy enough to play.  He will also cost a lot less than Cousins.

Out of respect Cousins is healthy and better than Teddy . I like Teddy a lot but his health is questionable .

vikings can go to the Super Bowl with Cousins . 

On 2/7/2018 at 8:07 AM, Yin-Yang said:

Kirk did come out and say winning was important to him...

Not that the Jets are on the Browns level or anything, but they’re not exactly as attractive as Jacksonville or Denver either. Not sure why Kirk would agree to an extension in NY unless some other destinations become unavailable.

I mean what QB wouldn't want to win. He isn't gonna risk hurting his future by trying win a SB ring . He can for sure be finically safe for years by being the most paid player ever .

i see that more important than a ring .

On 2/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Big Snack said:

Cousins is picking his team this offseason. If the skins decide to tag him with the intent to trade, he can hold out for a bit and keep that 35 mil on there books handcuffing them the entire time all while letting the league know he is not signing a long term deal with any team that cant win now. 

If you are the jets or browns or any other rebuild roster with a need for a qb and cap room, why would you trade anything  for a qb that you get as a 1 year rental at best? would you trade anything above a 3rd for that right? 

Best thing skins do is let him walk and take the comp 3rd pick they will get next year for losing him as a FA.

All the teams that want him will call for a trade regardless . Think about it ... most of these teams that want him are either gonna sign him or draft one . Some teams feel much more comfortable with a proven probowl qb . I'm completely sure Elway wouldn't be upset giving up a first or second for Cousins . He's had three good prospect qbs that haven't panned out while the only one that has worked out was a 35 year old Peyton Manning .

you honestly think he's gonna sit back and not even attempt a trade with Cousins . He can open up the cap space by getting rid of Emmanuel and talib . 

And Cousins already said he would hope Denver interested . Teams wanna win now and fans love splashes. I find it hard to believe not one team will call. And Kirk isn't a dummy he won't turn down a big contract . 

On 2/4/2018 at 7:30 PM, CWood21 said:

Because you can't get Kirk Cousins if they tag Cousins.  It's not an insane concept.

I agree .. idk why some fans act like it's an awful idea . No human being will sit a year and not take a deal over 100 million dollars bad or good . Obviously people forgotten the redskins over price free agents despite always sucking .

22 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I mean what QB wouldn't want to win. He isn't gonna risk hurting his future by trying win a SB ring . He can for sure be finically safe for years by being the most paid player ever .

i see that more important than a ring .

That may be how you see it, but there’s no telling just how much it matters (or doesn’t) to him. He came out and said he wanted to win, which to me, at least casts shade on teams that have struggled to do so. 

Cousins isn’t even “hurting his future” by signing with a better team for slightly less. Just depends on what matters more to him - a clearly significant supporting cast/organization, or a few extra million dollars. I’m not going to pretend like I know the guy well enough to make that call, but I’m willing to make certain assumptions based off of statements he went out of his way to make. 

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

That may be how you see it, but there’s no telling just how much it matters (or doesn’t) to him. He came out and said he wanted to win, which to me, at least casts shade on teams that have struggled to do so. 

Cousins isn’t even “hurting his future” by signing with a better team for slightly less. Just depends on what matters more to him - a clearly significant supporting cast/organization, or a few extra million dollars. I’m not going to pretend like I know the guy well enough to make that call, but I’m willing to make certain assumptions based off of statements he went out of his way to make. 

Yes dude but all the teams that want him suck other than the Vikings and Jaguars . Even those teams I can see atleast giving up there last first for a QB that wants to win .

I say late first because tbh those teams basically have everything you need lol.

Archived