DJ" Kirk wasn't a leader "

Dashing202

Way too risky here. Kirk could just sit on the tag and not sign it until July, we'd have to cut players just to sign our rookies and would not be able to be any kind of players in the FA. If he signs the tag over the summer and THEN we rescind it, we lose our 3rd round comp pick for him. The thought of tagging and trading for Cousins sounds great in theory and if they can actually pull it off I'll be doing cartwheels, but the reality is that there is way too much risk involved here as well as too many obstacles. CAN WE JUST END THE KIRK COUSINS ERA FOR GOOD AND MOVE ON???

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Skins are in the drivers seat, imo & will tag & trade him my fellow skins fans.

They may be in the driver's seat, but they aren't in control.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Which would repay back what they traded for Smith. A 3rd

the team trading for him, would have at least a 1 yr rental.

So even if Cousins left, without signing long term and bolted to FA?

They would receive 3rd in compensatory draft pick when cousins signed elsewhere.

So, a team would trade a 3rd this year in order potentially to get a worse 3rd round pick in the 2020 draft? How is that sane?

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So what am I saying?

The Redskins WILL tag him & get at worse....a 3rd rd draft choice in return.

It will be more, imo...though.

If Cousins and his camp announce they won't sign a long term deal with any team that trades for him, he'll kill the trade market. He has no incentive to make it easy for the Redskins.

3 minutes ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Way too risky here. Kirk could just sit on the tag and not sign it until July, we'd have to cut players just to sign our rookies and would not be able to be any kind of players in the FA. If he signs the tag over the summer and THEN we rescind it, we lose our 3rd round comp pick for him. The thought of tagging and trading for Cousins sounds great in theory and if they can actually pull it off I'll be doing cartwheels, but the reality is that there is way too much risk involved here as well as too many obstacles. CAN WE JUST END THE KIRK COUSINS ERA FOR GOOD AND MOVE ON???

I agree with most of what you said. Only correction is to the bolded: if he signs the tag, he is now a Redskin again. They cannot rescind the tag at that point. In theory, that could make it so they get a compensatory pick in 2020, but that's about all you can say since as you point out his cap value will hurt the franchise's ability to keep players to keep their rookies.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I agree with most of what you said. Only correction is to the bolded: if he signs the tag, he is now a Redskin again. They cannot rescind the tag at that point. In theory, that could make it so they get a compensatory pick in 2020, but that's about all you can say since as you point out his cap value will hurt the franchise's ability to keep players to keep their rookies.

Ah, brain fart on my part. Of course. 

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Because they can wait until he's cut. If the Redskins franchise Cousins, it's 35 million against the cap. That means the Skins have no cap space remaining. None. Every team knows this. Every team will simply play hardball with them. No one is going to trade more than a 3rd  rounder that they will get back when  Cousins bolts for free agency. And that's only the most desperate of teams. 

Bruce Allen is the moron running a bunch of yes men. 

I don't disagree with you. L

im just saying why say no to a long term deal . He's gonna have to sign with one of them .

I'm sorry fellas 

I'd say do it ...i think cousins does infact sign . Broncos Vikings and maybe bills are good winning options . 

He can't just sit for a year no body I known in NFL history done it . He loses all leverage for future financal money.

the excuse I hear is that kirk wouldn't want to hurt his new team by giving a lot ?. lol I'll try and post that Bs .

I officially hate Bruce Allen and Kirk cousins .

Allen- nuff said he isn't a real Gm. And his uniform choice stinks .

Cousins?- he keeps acting like the skins did him dirty . He's been for him self than what could benefit the team. It's no surprise I've barley seen any player wish him luck .

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Ctfu dude no come on.

So he sits out , doesn't play football for a year . Finished the season with 3 ints .

and your gonna still pay him 25 mil a year !.

I mean I thought you would of said 18 tbh. 

Yes. Easily. Bortles going to make 17 million.

21 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Let me ask you guys this

if Kirk sits

what contract would he get in 2019 after missing a full year of football.

Why do you keep assuming that Kirk sits? Or better yet, why do you assume that if Cousins is under contract and is sitting (the coaching staff's decision) that it would hurt his following contract? He's going to be on a roster in 2018.

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why do you keep assuming that Kirk sits? Or better yet, why do you assume that if Cousins is under contract and is sitting (the coaching staff's decision) that it would hurt his following contract? He's going to be on a roster in 2018.

I'm confused ? 

I'm saying if he sits out a year. 

Archived