DJ" Kirk wasn't a leader "

Dashing202

56 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Yes. Easily. Bortles going to make 17 million.

I think bortles sucks but the dude finished probably his best season ever. So they are gonna stick with him plus he didn't miss a year of football . 

But than again that's just me . I wouldn't say no to a lot of money for the next 4-5 years because I hate Allen or I don't think I can win on a team .

1 minute ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm confused ? 

I'm saying if he sits out a year. 

Why would he be sitting out a year? He will either:

• Not be tagged -> he will sign where he pleases
  • Be tagged and he signs the tender -> he will be on the Washington roster; whether he plays or doesn't will be the coaching staff's call
  • Be tagged, doesn't sign the tender, and the Redskins remove it -> he will sign where he pleases.

3 hours ago, SeanTayorsaPIMP said:

Way too risky here. Kirk could just sit on the tag and not sign it until July, we'd have to cut players just to sign our rookies and would not be able to be any kind of players in the FA. If he signs the tag over the summer and THEN we rescind it, we lose our 3rd round comp pick for him. The thought of tagging and trading for Cousins sounds great in theory and if they can actually pull it off I'll be doing cartwheels, but the reality is that there is way too much risk involved here as well as too many obstacles. CAN WE JUST END THE KIRK COUSINS ERA FOR GOOD AND MOVE ON???

The only risk is not resigning brown.

This FA class isn't that great, most of the wideouts in it will be back with there team . The only one I really want is Logan or Poe. But we can adress  NT in the draft .

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Why would he be sitting out a year? He will either:

• Not be tagged -> he will sign where he pleases
  • Be tagged and he signs the tender -> he will be on the Washington roster; whether he plays or doesn't will be the coaching staff's call
  • Be tagged, doesn't sign the tender, and the Redskins remove it -> he will sign where he pleases.

I'm saying if he's tagged . And he does infact take the money and sit.

if he doesn't sign the tag what happens if skins don't remove it ?. 

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I'm saying if he's tagged . And he does infact take the money and sit.

if he doesn't sign the tag what happens if skins don't remove it ?. 

There's no way that he doesn't sign it by early July to ensure that he's guaranteed the contract.

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

They will want to be THE team to get dibs on Kirk before the others do? 

I don't know. It does seem incredibly risky, and I'd probably just settle for the safe 3rd rd comp in 2019. 

... but just maybe it can work, and produce better comp for the Redskins? 

Well, as a beat reporter was explaining  today, (JP Findlay) the idea would be to franchise tag Cousins and I think the tag deadline is a week before free agency starts and if they can’t work out a trade, they’d rescind the trade and then let Kirk be a free agent.

I guess that’s worth a shot but I still doubt it works.

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Let's say we tag him ? Could we at any point take the tag off even if he does or does not sign him?

If he signs the contract, then the contract is made. He's now the Redskins. They can remove the tender before he signs, but not after.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Well, as a beat reporter was exposing today, the idea would be to franchise tag Cousins and I think the tag deadline is a week before free agency starts and if they can’t work out a trade, they’d rescind the trade and then let Kirk be a free agent.

I guess that’s worth a shot but I still doubt it works.

I feel like a team will pursue the trade . Even if Kirk isn't traded by April idk if teams feel to comfortable on drafting a qb .

the FO gets pressured about not getting cousins by the draft. The Browns history with qb is awful I would not be surprised at all if they get hot for cousins . Despite reports of them not going heavy I call it Bs. Kirk hometown 30 mins away from there to and I think said he would be ok with the Browns ?.

they also have picks and caps to convince him that it's a new culture.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well, as a beat reporter was exposing today, the idea would be to franchise tag Cousins and I think the tag deadline is a week before free agency starts and if they can’t work out a trade, they’d rescind the trade and then let Kirk be a free agent.

If that's the case, why would anyone trade with the Redskins? If the expectation is they'll rescind the tag then why trade anything?

Just now, Woz said:

If he signs the contract, then the contract is made. He's now the Redskins. They can remove the tender before he signs, but not after.

I see .. might sound silly but I'd still do it . I feel like Kirk does want to win. Who doesn't ? But I feel like teams like the broncos fan concince him and make him feel needed .

if we don't succeed we lose Zack Brown . Free agency sucks this year except for wideouts . IF we do succeed and get something for Kirk than the move was a good move . And I think skins fans would be pleased to get even a second round pick .

Archived