Your picks for next years Hall of Fame?

NJniners

On 2/13/2018 at 9:00 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

His glory years were amazing, so he will likely get in.  Not sure he is a first ballot though.   I think he had a higher peak than a guy like Champ Bailey, but Bailey was great for a far longer stretch.

I honestly feel like his seasons after leaving Oakland detracted from his resume. He'd have had a better chance if he just retired in 2011. 

On 2/13/2018 at 5:23 PM, JustAnotherFan said:

Definitely deserves to be in hall but not while Boselli is still waiting. Just look at all of the RB's that come through KC over the years and you see one constant among them through all of their success. 

Disagree. Besides they're at different positions. Boselli didn't play long enough, didn't play for any real successful teams. I'm not going any further into this one because people get super upset when I voice my opinion on Boselli. 

On 2/12/2018 at 9:14 AM, common reactor said:

Is Patrick Willis that much of a lock to be in the Hall of Fame?

He's the best MLB since Ray Lewis so yes I would say so.  Should be 1st ballot IMO.

2007 draft should have 5 first-ballot Hall of Famers:  Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson, Patrick Willis, and Darrelle Revis.

14 hours ago, Buddyboy said:

John Elway is the only Denver Bronco in Canton? Really? In those 1980s SBs, Karl Mecklenberg stood out.

We also have Shannon Sharpe, Floyd Little, and Terrell Davis. Not sure if you can count Gary Zimmerman since he played most of his career with the Vikings. 

Pat Bowlen, Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenberg, Randy Gradishar and Champ Bailey are all Broncos that need to be in the HOF.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, Forge said:

He's a lock to get in in my opinion (the election of Terrell Davis basically ensured that in my opinion), but no way he's a first ballot

Davis won two Super Bowls, a league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Whether or not Boselli is able to get in is going to be a better gauge for Willis.

24 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Davis won two Super Bowls, a league MVP and Super Bowl MVP. Whether or not Boselli is able to get in is going to be a better gauge for Willis.

It's just about the length of their careers. TD showed you don't have to have a super long one provided those years are elite, and Willis' career was elite. Sure, he didn't have the individual hardware  that TD had (just defensive rookie of the year)  but a slightly longer career at an elite level. Willis was a 5 time first team all pro in 7 years (his 8th being only 6 games). Boselli is below him in my opinion. I could absolutely see Willis get in first and though unlikely, a scenario where Willis gets in but Boselli doesn't (not saying I don't think that Boselli shouldn't get in, he's absolutely a hall of famer in my book, just that I can see that possibility play out) 

1 hour ago, BroncoSojia said:

We also have Shannon Sharpe, Floyd Little, and Terrell Davis. Not sure if you can count Gary Zimmerman since he played most of his career with the Vikings. 

Pat Bowlen, Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenberg, Randy Gradishar and Champ Bailey are all Broncos that need to be in the HOF.

I remember watching AFL and NFL games in Chicago in the 1960s. The AFL championship games were played early so as not to conflict with the NFL.

Denver was a small market team and didn't play well in Chicago. Lots of Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs and Jets.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, Danger said:

John Lynch is going to be waiting a long time. Not even a hall of fame player if you ask me.

First time players who should more or less be locks.

TE Tony Gonzalez
S Ed Reed
CB Champ Bailey

Then you have IMO
G Steve Hutchinson 

Haven't decided on the last yet.
Side Note: Torry Holt > Isaac Bruce

Neither one. Bruce was never great. Holt was great but his prime was very short.

30 minutes ago, Forge said:

. Boselli is below him in my opinion. I could absolutely see Willis get in first and though unlikely, a scenario where Willis gets in but Boselli doesn't

Aaaaaaaaah- you ask ME, this whole thing is just another example of Big-Market Bias!

Everybody hates Jacksonville.

When's the government gonna forget about North Korea and taxation injustices and stuff, and investigate Big-Market Bias???????

Woah, Baby!

Image result for Tony Boselli

5 minutes ago, bzane said:

Aaaaaaaaah- you ask ME, this whole thing is just another example of Big-Market Bias!

Everybody hates Jacksonville.

When's the government gonna forget about North Korea and taxation injustices and stuff, and investigate Big-Market Bias???????

Woah, Baby!

Image result for Tony Boselli

I hate the Baptists running downtown JAX and keeping it from growing as it should.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:11 PM, Forge said:

It's just about the length of their careers. TD showed you don't have to have a super long one provided those years are elite, and Willis' career was elite. Sure, he didn't have the individual hardware  that TD had (just defensive rookie of the year)  but a slightly longer career at an elite level. Willis was a 5 time first team all pro in 7 years (his 8th being only 6 games). Boselli is below him in my opinion. I could absolutely see Willis get in first and though unlikely, a scenario where Willis gets in but Boselli doesn't (not saying I don't think that Boselli shouldn't get in, he's absolutely a hall of famer in my book, just that I can see that possibility play out) 

Davis is arguably the greatest postseason back of all time, and I have no doubt he doesn't reach Canton with a so-so postseason career. When you excel against the superior competition on the biggest stage, that really helps. I haven't made up my mind on Patrick Willis, but he wasn't great in at least two of those 2010 postseason games, when the Niners reached the SB. It's one of those aspects of judging these candidates we should be thinking about. 

Archived