Your picks for next years Hall of Fame?

NJniners

Here’s a list of notable players eligible for the first time in 2019:

All I can say is, if Anthony Gurode and Brian Waters don't make it, fans will be picketing NFL games!!

Image result for Anthony GurodeImage result for brian waters football

3 hours ago, common reactor said:

Is Patrick Willis that much of a lock to be in the Hall of Fame?

He's a lock to get in in my opinion (the election of Terrell Davis basically ensured that in my opinion), but no way he's a first ballot

Willis will be eligible in 2020 with Troy Polamalu. 2021 is Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson as first ballot locks. Also eligible that year are Calvin Johnson and Jared Allen. 

2019:

Reed, Gonzalez, Bailey with the other two spots from the 5 returning Top 10 finalists - Boselli, Faneca, Hutchinson, Mawae, Law. 

2019 and 2020 is looking like a good time for clearing up the backlog of OL and DBs.

19 hours ago, bzane said:

Here’s a list of notable players eligible for the first time in 2019:

His glory years were amazing, so he will likely get in.  Not sure he is a first ballot though.   I think he had a higher peak than a guy like Champ Bailey, but Bailey was great for a far longer stretch.

First ballot.  Gotta be.

No way.  He was solid.  Never that great.   I would take Heath Miller over him every time, and Heath will never get in.

Very underrated.    Not better than Ray Lewis like that one clown used to argue, but I thought he was a better player than Urlacher and he got first ballot.   

• Tony Gonzalez, TE, Chiefs (1997-2008), Falcons (2009-2013)

Iron clad lock.

• Jordan Gross, OT, Panthers (2003-2013)

Gross was good, but not even close to a HOF player.

Andre Gurode, G/C, Cowboys (2002-2010), Ravens (2011), Raiders (2013)
Vonta Leach, FB, Packers (2004-2006), Texans (2006-2010), Ravens (2011-2013)

Outlook is very bleak.

Willis McGahee, RB, Bills (2004-2006), Ravens (2007-2010), Broncos (2011-2012), Browns (2013)

Haha....no.  Not even sure why you mentioned him.    

• Ed Reed, S, Ravens (2002-2012), Texans (2013), Jets (2013)

Obvious.

This dude was always horribly overrated.     He had a few nice seasons, but there are far far far better players who wont get in, and he should never even be considered.

Hmm.....pass.     He had a few really good years.   Was never truly an elite CB though IMO, and sure never had the extended success you want.

I LOVED Snee in his prime.  I dont know if he will get in though.

No chance in hell.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:27 PM, NJniners said:

Who are your best guesses as to who will next year be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Mine:

Peyton Manning

John Lynch

Patrick Willis

...??

Two of these are not even eligible next year. Players have to be out of the league and officially retired for a minimum of 5 years before they can even be considered. 

Manning officially retired after the 2015 season so he isn't eligible until the class of 2021. Willis retired in 2014 so he's not eligible until 2020. And John Lynch does not deserve to be in the HoF yet. He should still have to wait years to get in. 

Of those that are eligible for first-ballot next year, only Reed and Tony G deserve it.  

While Willis was a beast and had a higher peak than most players and was still in his prime at the time of his retirement....he does not deserve to be a 1st ballot.

Regardless of what he accomplished in just a short time, which is impressive (5x AP in 7 full years, led a top 5 defense in 4(?) of those, helped elevate others around him) he still only has 120 games under his belt, has no DPoY to his name, no hardware and was arguably never unanimously better than any of his contemporaries during any given season. Players such as Kuechly, Lewis and even Bowman, his own teammate, always had a better argument in this regard. 

Say what you want about his short impressive career, the fact is, he only played 7 1/2 years. He is not Barry Sanders. He was not a transcendent player that dominated his position for nearly his entire short career. If you put him in as a first ballot, then you are drastically devaluing the HoF.

Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Raiders (2003-2010), Eagles (2011-2012), 49ers (2013)

Hall of famer, yes. First ballot.....that's debatable. He was widely considered the first and second best shutdown corner in the league behind only Revis for a good while but I'm not sure if he did it for a long enough period for consideration. He should not have went to the Eagles that year though. I have a feeling that Vince Young's words that season after his signing will hinder him because voters are not going to forget that. Not that it's fair but it is what is.

Champ Bailey, CB, Washington (1999-2003), Broncos (2004-2013)

The epitome of consistency and longevity.

Dallas Clark, TE, Colts (2003-2011), Buccaneers (2012), Ravens (2013)

Yeah right. Remember when Jacob Tamme replaced him in Manning's offense and put up similar numbers? I do. So much for Calrk's value eh

London Fletcher, LB, Rams (1998-2001), Bills (2002-2006), Washington (2007-2013)

Hall of very good. Fletcher was underrated and had longevity but was never better than any of his peers in any given year(Lewis, Urlacher, Thomas, Brooks, Bruschi, Suggs, Peterson, etc, etc, were all superior. Hell, it wasn't until his stint with Buffalo that he became a focal point on defense.

Tony Gonzalez, TE, Chiefs (1997-2008), Falcons (2009-2013)

He was a scrub...

Jordan Gross, OT, Panthers (2003-2013)

Not a hall of famer. He may have paved the way for the two-headed monster in Carolina for a long time but was not good enough for HoF consideration.

Vonta Leach, FB, Packers (2004-2006), Texans (2006-2010), Ravens (2011-2013)

Put it this way, If he gets in, then the former FB in Baltimore is a first ballot. Can't think of his name.

Willis McGahee, RB, Bills (2004-2006), Ravens (2007-2010), Broncos (2011-2012), Browns (2013)

He's a HoFer in Lynch's book because if McGahee doesn't suck then the Bills may never have taken a chance on him.

Ed Reed, S, Ravens (2002-2012), Texans (2013), Jets (2013)

Never heard of him........I think he was garbage anyhow.

Shaun Rogers, DT, Lions (2001-2007), Browns (2008-2010), Saints (2011), Giants (2012-2013)

Not a chance.

Asante Samuel, CB, Patriots (2003-2007), Eagles (2008-2011), Falcons (2012-2013)

There are at least 20 other Cb's that would get in before he would. He rise to stardom was very short lived.....like 2 years short lived.

Chris Snee, G, Giants (2004-2013)

Set the bar for value at the position as a do it all lineman but does not have the resume to be considered.

Jonathan Vilma, LB, Jets (2004-2007), Saints (2008-2013)

Well he does have a ring while playing on an over-achieving defense. I guess that's one good thing, right???

Brian Waters, G, Chiefs (2000-2010), Patriots (2011), Cowboys (2013)

Definitely deserves to be in hall but not while Boselli is still waiting. Just look at all of the RB's that come through KC over the years and you see one constant among them through all of their success. 

Archived