Scot McCloughan is on the Browns staff now.. Baker haters wont like what he has to say

mistakey

From the duplicate thread...

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22316771/ex-washington-redskins-gm-scot-mccloughan-work-cleveland-browns-draft

McCloughan is already not only participating in film sessions, but reportedly from other sources running the sessions when it comes to evaluating the QB class.

Great hire as Scot McCloughan has a great eye for talent and "real football players."

As has been noted, McCloughan only has eyes for Baker Mayfield and has made that known publicly over and over that he prefers Baker by a wide-margin to the rest of the QBs coming out.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2017-10-17-scot-mccloughan-is-a-big-fan-of-baker-mayfield/

And recently, he stated that his scouting company has been advising teams that Baker is the clear cut best QB in the draft, and that he should be built around as a the franchise center piece.

As a person with personal drinking issues and misconduct issues, McCloughan is able to easily see past all the character issues of Mayfield.

McCloughan also drafted Russell Wilson.

In my mind, this guarantees that we pass on Sam Darnold and take Baker at 1.

Unless Hue, Zampese, and other scouts can raise a stink and get Jimmy on board...Baker will be dressed in a Browns uniform come draft time.

Here's another more recent interview with McCloughan going full "he's Favre" and "heads above the rest of the QBs" stuff again....

http://1043thefan.com/165193/scot-mccloughan-pritchard-cecil-01182018/

Sashi Brown, and Andrew Berry would've depended on Hue's say so and that would've got us Sam Darnold...lol

McCloughan is big on hand size....the final domino will be when Darnold's hand size measures in smaller than Baker Mayfield's...

A lot of signs point to Mayfield at #4 when you combine what McCloughan said about Baker and the winning/leadership traits that Dorsey keeps putting on top of his what he looks for in a QB lists.

That said, it could all get nixed if Haslem steps in and doesnt want to travel down the Manziel stigma road again.

19 minutes ago, mistakey said:

The article on balance is complimentary of Cousins.

Here, if accurate/correct, are the deal-busters for us, imho:

It’s about the right fit,

where he knows he has stability (Browns fail #1),

he has good coaches (Browns fail #2),

he has good players (Browns fail #3), and

he has a chance to be successful (Browns fail #4).

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

A lot of signs point to Mayfield at #4 when you combine what McCloughan said about Baker and the winning/leadership traits that Dorsey keeps putting on top of his what he looks for in a QB lists.

That said, it could all get nixed if Haslem steps in and doesnt want to travel down the Manziel stigma road again.

This scenario has a potential for the highest of irony.

Haslam intervenes and finally does something right.

I love Baker Mayfield. He's not as safe as some of the other QB's (Rosen, Darnold), but his ceiling is elite and I love his demeanor. If I were our GM, I'd take Darnold because he combines safety and upside. Mayfield has the highest ceiling despite his size, Rosen is the safest, and Allen is the riskiest.

Archived