that Big Game today...

vike daddy

a thread to discuss the Super Bowl, before during and after.

let's start with this:

ESPN has many hours of pregame content to churn out on Super Bowl Sunday, and what sounded like a bombshell report this morning was part of it: Speculation that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick could both retire after tonight’s game.

As Dianna Russini of ESPN put it, “many in the league have been hearing” that Super Bowl LII “could possibly be both Bill Belichick and Tom Brady’s final games. Both could be hanging it up.”

Russini added that “Post game could be incredible tonight if this becomes truth,” suggesting that both men could actually announce their retirements tonight.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/espn-oddly-suggests-tom-brady-bill-belichick-could-retire-tonight/

If the Patriots win Super Bowl LII, Belichick will earn his eighth Super Bowl ring. It would be his sixth championship as the Patriots’ head coach, and he previously earned two Super Bowl rings as the Giants’ defensive coordinator. Belichick is currently one of only two people with seven Super Bowl rings. Neal Dahlen, a front office executive who won five with the 49ers and two with the Broncos, is the other.

Tom Brady can also become the first player with six Super Bowl rings with a win today. Other members of the Patriots organization, including owner Robert Kraft, offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, running backs coach Ivan Fears and football research director Ernie Adams, can earn their sixth Super Bowl rings as well. Currently the only people with six rings are a handful of longtime members of the Steelers organization and strength and conditioning coach Mike Woicik, who has three rings with the Cowboys and three with the Patriots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/bill-belichick-can-be-the-first-person-to-earn-eight-super-bowl-rings/

Probably the least interested I’ve been in a Super Bowl to date. 

That said, definitely cheering for the Patriots. I enjoy watching Brady, and we are in the midst of sports greatness with this Patriots team. We are unlikely to ever see anything like this in the NFL again. 

28 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That said, definitely cheering for the Patriots. I enjoy watching Brady, and we are in the midst of sports greatness with this Patriots team. We are unlikely to ever see anything like this in the NFL again. 

I agree 100% it's popular to hate on Brady and the Patriots but I am just appreciating the Greatness while it lasts because we aren't going to see anything like this again. It also helped that Brady had these hidden family roots in small town MN.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I agree.

Mostly in part because while I love Tom Brady, I'm just so sick of New England.

That being said....I'd love to see Eagles fans after a loss in the Super Bowl. I strive for it. I need it. I want it...

Archived