Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

9 hours ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Couple brutal decisions for sure, but only ourselves to blame for not coming away with a win. Just not organized enough defensively. All that truly matters, though, is that everyone is healthy for the CL final.

I actually think we'll end up with Courtois this summer. Not that he isn't great but I'd prefer De Gea - I'd always love the Spanish #1 to be our keeper

Either would be a good option in all honesty.

Navas makes spectacular saves, but he is forced into doing it by not moving his feet. A lot of his saves could be more routine if he had better footwork.

I also got the impression that he was a bit out of position for Messi’s goal. That may be harsh, but I think Navas is a real weak link in that team.

11 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

Either would be a good option in all honesty.

Navas makes spectacular saves, but he is forced into doing it by not moving his feet. A lot of his saves could be more routine if he had better footwork.

I also got the impression that he was a bit out of position for Messi’s goal. That may be harsh, but I think Navas is a real weak link in that team.

You mean the thunderbolt that went about 1/4 of an inch from hitting the post??

• 3 weeks later...

That's absolutely stunning. One of the guys on the Football Weekly podcast actually brought up the question of what more does Zidane really have to prove at Madrid, hes basically won everything. 

I'm extremely interested to see who will be the manager and how the club performs without Zidane. 

I expected this at some point. I think this job really burned him out. So thankful to see a club legend have so much success, and glad he got to leave on a high note. Wish PSG hadn't already hired Tuchel, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I think he would be great there

Wonder if Pochettino will be interested. Him or Guti seem to be the early favorites

Edited by ninerfanwheelz

13 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I expected this at some point. I think this job really burned him out. So thankful to see a club legend have so much success, and glad he got to leave on a high note. Wish PSG hadn't already hired Tuchel, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I think he would be great there

Wonder if Pochettino will be interested. Him or Guti seem to be the early favorites

Getting Poch would be very interesting given that he just signed a new contract. I'm sure Spurs would dig in and demand a huge fee for him. That would really damage an already strained relationship although I'm sure Real wouldn't care at all.

14 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Getting Poch would be very interesting given that he just signed a new contract. I'm sure Spurs would dig in and demand a huge fee for him. That would really damage an already strained relationship although I'm sure Real wouldn't care at all.

Yeah, tbh it crossed my mind when he signed the new contract if he would regret it if Zidane stepped down. If both sides want it to happen though I don't think the fee would stop Florentino from making it happen

Theres surely no way Poch leaves after signing a contract last week. That would be beyond ridiculous. Also, I doubt he would have signed a contract unless he was 100% committed, regardless of whatever other jobs may become available.

Maybe it's all paper talk but even when he signed the extension a lot of the stories about it seemed to indicate that he had an agreement with the club that they wouldn't stand in his way in the future if PSG or Real Madrid came calling. If that was true I'm sure it was only on the idea that the day wouldn't come for at least 1 if not 2 years at least, as I'm not sure anyone including Poch thought Zidane leaving this year was a possibility. 

If Madrid does want Poch this summer then it's hard to imagine the interest won't be mutual, that's one of those dream jobs that you sort of have to pursue whenever the opportunity arises. In any other situation I'd call it a foregone conclusion but I don't expect Levy to make this easy for them. On the other hand if they want him and Poch wants to go it's going to create a really difficult environment at Tottenham if they hold firm - smaller clubs/different situation obviously but just look at Marco Silva at Watford last year as an example of what can happen when a manager's head gets turned.