Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

23 hours ago, Madridista said:

120 sad, toothless minutes to open the season. Can't help but wonder how Florentino reacts this week

We're 2-0.  We've got plenty of goal threats on the outside. We just need a finisher on the inside like Icardi or Cavani.

I feel as though he's going to continue to spend only on underaged talent overseas that will just wilt away and turn into nothing.

Another pitiful job by Navas falling all over the place on Borja's goal. Don't see how Courtois doesn't get the start between the sticks in the next game. Navas has benefited from playing behind the best CB duo in football. Plain and simple.

Interior threat, and start Courtois. We can't continue to have these performances against teams like Getafe and Girona. Knowing Perez, he'd get rid of Julen just for sitting Courtois for this long.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

• 2 weeks later...

Completely gutted after today. Sociedad bottles chance after chance and Barca steals 3 points, and then we go and drop 2. To me this is the most important season ever - winning trophies is the only chance that Neymar won't end up in Madrid, and unfortunately that might not even be enough.

In reality I don't expect to win anything this year and in a vacuum that's ok, but it will make me sick to see Neymar in white so I'm praying for anything that can prevent that. Hoping at least for a strong bounce back on Wednesday to build some confidence for the tough league slate coming up.

8 hours ago, Madridista said:

Completely gutted after today. Sociedad bottles chance after chance and Barca steals 3 points, and then we go and drop 2. To me this is the most important season ever - winning trophies is the only chance that Neymar won't end up in Madrid, and unfortunately that might not even be enough.

In reality I don't expect to win anything this year and in a vacuum that's ok, but it will make me sick to see Neymar in white so I'm praying for anything that can prevent that. Hoping at least for a strong bounce back on Wednesday to build some confidence for the tough league slate coming up.

I don't think we'll go after Neymar. We have 330 mill to spend. We could have gotten him if we really wanted to. Must be holding out for something else.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I don't think we'll go after Neymar. We have 330 mill to spend. We could have gotten him if we really wanted to. Must be holding out for something else.

Well, if we don't win anything there's no way we won't go after someone of that stature. Would love for it to be Mbappe in that scenario but can't help but think Florentino wants Neymar more than anyone