Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

Varane has sucked since he came back from the WC Finals for some reason. Isco is only worried about dribbling the ball constantly in circles. Benzema is beyond washed up. Bale is Bale. 

Asensio has been a let down. Only one of these guys with a pass is Asensio. He's also the only one besides maybe Varane who will bounce back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Never should have let Solari take charge. It was obvious we would win no trophies with him. At least with a wild card like Guti maybe things could be different. Wonder if we take another run at Poch this summer.

We are out of the league after today. Curious to see who, if anyone, actually plays well enough to justify being in the squad next year. Because to this point of the season I'm not sure I can name a single player who really has played at RM level.

Still think the first step is revamping the attacking line, and still praying for Mbappe and a Bale+cash for Hazard swap. Beyond that though, couldn't really care less who stays and who goes. The lone exception being I pray this is finally the summer Benzema gets the hell away from my club

Edited by Madridista

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:28 PM, ElReyDeLosReyes said:

Perez and the board didn't really think it through on this team not having Cristiano Ronaldo.

I always thought I appropriately recognized just how good a footballer he is. But watching this team without him it's clear I somehow underrated someone I consider one of the all time greats

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 9:08 PM, Madridista said:

There's really not much in terms of end-product yet with Vinicius, but man, you can really see the makings of a superstar with him. So much potential

I love it when I see him race down with the ball, send over a good cross, or come close on a shot. Once he figures out his finishing a bit more, he's going to be a legend. 

On 1/17/2019 at 1:28 AM, ElReyDeLosReyes said:

Perez and the board didn't really think it through on this team not having Cristiano Ronaldo.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:29 AM, Madridista said:

I always thought I appropriately recognized just how good a footballer he is. But watching this team without him it's clear I somehow underrated someone I consider one of the all time greats

The departure of Ronaldo has taken any kind of fear out of playing against Real Madrid. Right now when a team comes to the Bernabeu, there's nobody in white that's a particularly scary prospect to face off against. Nobody is running scared of Karim Benzema as RM's main goal threat, as good a player as he can still be. Modric, Isco, Kroos are all top players who would start for almost anyone in the world, but with them the intimidation factor just isn't there like it was with Ronaldo. A guy who could score from nothing, who could bully you with physical attributes as well as his technical ability, and a guy who motivated those around him. Ronaldo was just something else.

I think bringing in a Hazard, Griezmann or that horrible rodent Neymar would change this somewhat. Something a bit different in an attacking sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 9:08 PM, Madridista said:

There's really not much in terms of end-product yet with Vinicius, but man, you can really see the makings of a superstar with him. So much potential

I've soured considerably on him. He needs to go on loan next year. His end-product is beer league level. Just atrocious, yet he starts over Asensio.

But the true disgrace is Benzema. I pray every day he gets the hell away from my club. Front line next year (with a new manager) is hopefully Hazard-Mbappe-Asensio. But the devil Florentino will make sure that won't actually happen.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:38 PM, Madridista said:

I've soured considerably on him. He needs to go on loan next year. His end-product is beer league level. Just atrocious, yet he starts over Asensio.

But the true disgrace is Benzema. I pray every day he gets the hell away from my club. Front line next year (with a new manager) is hopefully Hazard-Mbappe-Asensio. But the devil Florentino will make sure that won't actually happen.

Will probably be Hazard-Benzema-Vasquez with our luck. Would rather have Hazard-Immobile-Asensio 

19 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Will probably be Hazard-Benzema-Vasquez with our luck. Would rather have Hazard-Immobile-Asensio 

If Solari is back then certainly but I doubt the new manager will rate Lucas as high as Solari does.

Not sure who I want as the next manager but I hope one or more of Guti/Raul/Xabi Alonso is part of the staff with him