Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

Just now, LeeEvans said:

Pushing the ref is idiotic either way, especially after what was minimal contact at best.

I'm kinda on the fence with the push. Obviously it's a no go, but it's more like a push off rather than any malice. I think 5 games is fine. 

You see players spitting vitriol in referee and lineman faces and getting nothing. Ronaldo didn't chase him around the pitch and then "shove" him, it was more in disbelief. 

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'm kinda on the fence with the push. Obviously it's a no go, but it's more like a push off rather than any malice. I think 5 games is fine. 

You see players spitting vitriol in referee and lineman faces and getting nothing. Ronaldo didn't chase him around the pitch and then "shove" him, it was more in disbelief. 

I don't think it's overly aggressive or really that huge of a deal but the referee is walking away when Ronaldo comes up and pushes him in the back, that's the worst part of it for me. I think five matches is okay for punishment, Messi shoved a ref and got nothing a couple seasons. 

On 8/16/2017 at 5:35 PM, Eagles $5$ said:

I don't know why Real want to buy Mbappe, because they have already have a young superstar in Marco Asensio. The kid has monster potential, and is already doing it at Madrid unlike Mbappe or Dembele. 

Their whole front line is aging. Benzema is almost 30, Ronny 32, and Bale constantly linked with a move away. Mbappe needs a couple more years to refine as a striker which would suit that team perfectly (potentially making Benny or Ronny expendable sooner rather than later, maximizing any potential return). 

10 hours ago, Iggles said:

Looks like a $500 million release clause just got added to Asensio's deal. Can't imagine anyone going that high over the next few years.

You never know, but yeah it should be highly unlikely. 

Madrid have got Deportivo tonight, in their last 4 games the aggregate is 16-4.

4 hours ago, texans_uk said:

You never know, but yeah it should be highly unlikely. 

Madrid have got Deportivo tonight, in their last 4 games the aggregate is 16-4.

$500 mil just seems like a price beyond the pale. If Neymar's going for 198 million, I can't see Asensio going for 2.5x that in the next half decade barring crazy inflation.

Deportivo should be an easy win, but a decent number of guys are sitting tonight not even counting the suspension.

3 hours ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Thought I saw somewhere Isco's new release clause is 700 mil. Which is interesting because it wouldn't surprise me if Isco left in the next couple of years, while Asensio isn't going anywhere

It is around $700 mil USD, at least as reported. I don't see Isco going anywhere anytime soon, either, unless Kovacic starts getting more playing time.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:17 PM, ianlewis16 said:

Their whole front line is aging. Benzema is almost 30, Ronny 32, and Bale constantly linked with a move away. Mbappe needs a couple more years to refine as a striker which would suit that team perfectly (potentially making Benny or Ronny expendable sooner rather than later, maximizing any potential return). 

This. We need to get younger. Although, we could of kept Morata and not have to spend, but Perez is Perez.