Real Madrid C.F. Thread - LUCKY NUMBER 13

Madridista

5 hours ago, kempus said:

Also, I doubt he would have signed a contract unless he was 100% committed, regardless of whatever other jobs may become available.

Don't you work in finance?  And you doubt someone would take a pay raise when offered one?  As was kind of pointed out already, the kind of clubs that would have been on Poch's "hall pass" list, so to speak, are the ones for whom money is no object and who have shown previously that they can and will turn whatever screws are necessary to get what they want.  Those clubs are the ones that will pay whatever price they need to in order to buyout whatever contract he has so why wouldn't he take a raise in pay in the interim?

I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but it feels like you're trying to talk yourself into believing Poch's ultimate loyalty here when there really isn't a ton of evidence to support that belief.

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but it feels like you're trying to talk yourself into believing Poch's ultimate loyalty here when there really isn't a ton of evidence to support that belief.

There's also zero evidence to suggest otherwise. To say it would be a bad look to leave weeks after signing a new 5 year contract would be a serious understatement. His legacy and project at Spurs would also be instantly destroyed. By all accounts, both are things he values very highly. 

If he was seriously interested in PSG or Real this season, I doubt he signs the contract last week. 

“The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book.”

“I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens.”

These are quotes from Pochs book press conference, which just happened now. Doesn't look like a guy who wants to leave, but the media will probably spin it that he didn't rule it out xD

It makes me sick to my stomach that Arsene Wenger is even being mentioned as a candidate. Hope that's just paper talk. Really don't know where the search would go after Poch - as much as I love the idea of Guti being manager, that's such a huge risk in reality

12 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

It makes me sick to my stomach that Arsene Wenger is even being mentioned as a candidate. Hope that's just paper talk. Really don't know where the search would go after Poch - as much as I love the idea of Guti being manager, that's such a huge risk in reality

I could see Klopp or Conte being targeted. 

2 hours ago, kempus said:

“The link now with Madrid is normal and I take it with all normality. I’m committed to Spurs and still have a long contract with them I just signed. I’m happy where I am, and to be here talking about this book.”

“I am very happy to be at Tottenham. Let’s enjoy this moment now and in the future see what happens.”

These are quotes from Pochs book press conference, which just happened now. Doesn't look like a guy who wants to leave, but the media will probably spin it that he didn't rule it out xD

Media will just quote the first sentence lol

On 6/1/2018 at 7:40 AM, kempus said:

I could see Klopp or Conte being targeted. 

Actually surprised I haven't seen Klopp's name thrown around all that much. I worry about Conte - I've said before man mangement (ego management really) is the most important task for a Real manager. Also would worry about Sarri for the same reason.

I guess I'd want Allegri or Guti since Poch seems unlikely at this point.