Surprise First Round Draft Moves in Rounds 1 or 2

Just Want A Title

I have seen a lot of the same noise with regards to the Lions early draft picks (DT, DE, RB).  I have been trying to think of some early round draft picks that haven't shown up in a lot of mock drafts.  I could see us moving back a bit because this draft is deep in DT, RB and even DE to a certain degree.  That being said, here are some players that aren't being linked to heavily to the Lions but could be picked in the first 2-3 rounds:

1.  Tremaine Edmonds  OLB

2.  Justin Lawler DE

3.  Will Hernandez G

4.  Duke Ejiofor DE

5. Quin Blanding S

6. Tim Settle DT

Who else is out there that could be a surprise early round draft pick for the Lions?

7 hours ago, BZski said:

I think it could be DT- Harrison Phillips! The guy is a monster and had 103 tackles playing DT last year! Lions are rumored to really like him.

I had the Lions with my first Mock.  He will definitely rise as the draft gets closer.  I read that Mike Mayock really likes him and his opinion is pretty informed.

15 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I think Harrison Phillips is a second rounder. He's got good intangibles and his production at Stanford was intriguing but he is lacking size and athleticism. Payne, Hurst, Bryan, Vea, all better picks at #20 and that's only the DTs.

IMO Phillips has raised over Bryan (who I like), Payne, and maybe Hurst because he is a tweener. I think he is going to go higher than many think and may not make it to #20.

9 minutes ago, BZski said:

IMO Phillips has raised over Bryan (who I like), Payne, and maybe Hurst because he is a tweener. I think he is going to go higher than many think and may not make it to #20.

This reminds me of when ashawn came out.. but he went in the second. There's some nice dl in this why reach on a run stuffer? Who's a better prospect ashawn or phillips?

42 minutes ago, Rockcity2 said:

This reminds me of when ashawn came out.. but he went in the second. There's some nice dl in this why reach on a run stuffer? Who's a better prospect ashawn or phillips?

Not sure but production wise in college it is not even close. Phillips by far but I get your point.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:29 PM, BZski said:

Not sure but production wise in college it is not even close. Phillips by far but I get your point.

Harrison Phillips had 7 sacks in 2016 and 7.5 in 2017.  He played NT for a lot if his snaps

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/harrison-phillips-1.html

By comparison Maurice Hurst had 5.0 and 5.5 in 2016 and 2017

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/maurice-hurst-jr-1.html

How exactly is Harrison Phillips strictly a run-stuffer??

Archived