Superbowl Mock 2018

Madmike90

5 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Yes his rookie season he played center. They moved him there the week before the first game of the season. He has only played a few games at G. 

Oops you're right.  For some reason I forgot that he played C his rookie year.  I do remember that he was originally drafted to play LG but was forced to play C because of Grasu going down and Sitton becoming available.

36 minutes ago, G08 said:

Makes sense to me... LT > RT > OG > C

Find a 4th or 5th rounder you love at let him compete with Grasu at center.

Cut Massie, kick Whitehair over to LG, let Morgan take another year to develop and Kush can backup all three positions (assuming we even keep him).

Based on the Reid model they have always seemed to invest more at the C position.

Kelce was UDFA But is one of the best in the game and Mitch Morse was a 2nd round pick.

They put a big emphasis on the C getting out in space.

28 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

He did, I was referring to his rookie year in 2016 when he graded out as one of the best guards in the league according to PFF.

I just think a signing of Zach Fulton makes too much sense.  Played for both Nagy and Hiestand, is an upgrade to the line and allows them to move players to their best positions.

This could then allow them to focus on a pass rusher or DB in the 1st and hit OL later in the draft.

You would need to get Fulton on a cheaper deal than Sitton.

He isn’t as good as Sitton, but he is younger and more versatile.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Neither do I.

But Whitehair is also due an extension within the next 2 seasons.

You could have an interior OL making a combined 32 million. Unless Long is released.

As soon as Whitehair is due an extension Long is gone...I love him as a player but this is a business after all. 

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Based on the Reid model they have always seemed to invest more at the C position.

Kelce was UDFA But is one of the best in the game and Mitch Morse was a 2nd round pick.

They put a big emphasis on the C getting out in space.

This is why I think we keep Whitehair at centre...

He has also shown a tendency to prefer longer taller OGs...especially in KC.

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is why I think we keep Whitehair at centre...

He has also shown a tendency to prefer longer taller OGs...especially in KC.

That would suggest that Quenton Nelson is fully in play at #8 then.  

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

That would suggest that Quenton Nelson is fully in play at #8 then.  

The Chiefs, like the Saints, are big on the tall, small school OT moving to OG.

Chiefs right bow

6’5”, McGill

6’7” South Dakota St

6’6” Memphis

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

As soon as Whitehair is due an extension Long is gone...I love him as a player but this is a business after all. 

Instead of signing a guy like Norwell who will command top $ it might make more sense to draft Quenton Nelson if available.  You would have him under fairly cheap control for the next 5 years with Whitehair likely getting extended at some point in the next 2 years and assuming that Long will be here at least the next 2 seasons due to the big cap hits they'd take by cutting him before then.

Also considering that they may need to re-sign Massie or a new RT after the 2018 season I don't think it makes sense to tie up that much money into your interior OL for the next 2-3 seasons.

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Instead of signing a guy like Norwell who will command top $ it might make more sense to draft Quenton Nelson if available.  You would have him under fairly cheap control for the next 5 years with Whitehair likely getting extended at some point in the next 2 years and assuming that Long will be here at least the next 2 seasons due to the big cap hits they'd take by cutting him before then.

Also considering that they may need to re-sign Massie or a new RT after the 2018 season I don't think it makes sense to tie up that much money into your interior OL for the next 2-3 seasons.

But what impact playmakers are you then signing? Truth we badly need both and I think the interior OL market will be better than the playmaker one in FA.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

But what impact playmakers are you then signing? Truth we badly need both and I think the interior OL market will be better than the playmaker one in FA.

It depends on who's available.  Hearing that Robert Quinn might be a cap casualty release.  If that's the case then I'm prioritizing him over Norwell, who may just resign in Carolina anyway.  Same goes for Ansah and Lawrence if they reach the market.

33 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It depends on who's available.  Hearing that Robert Quinn might be a cap casualty release.  If that's the case then I'm prioritizing him over Norwell, who may just resign in Carolina anyway.  Same goes for Ansah and Lawrence if they reach the market.

Quinn would get me really excited

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I doubt Ansah or Lawrence aren't tagged at least...if Quinn is out there then great but that is a pretty big leap...Norwell is very unlikely to resign due to the fact they are already paying Turner.

Archived