Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Only $24 million a year. Indians would have afforded that. Frankie was looking to the moon. 😘

Indians could have afforded that (maybe) but do you think they offered that? Frankie was worth that deal after his rookie year, now tho? He is worth way more than that.

Look at it this way. Padres came to Tatis after 2years in the bigs and offered him 14/$340m. Frankie after two years in the bigs and the Indians came at Frankie with  $100m contract and I doubt it was for 4 years or less. After 2years frankie was a combined 9.1 WAR player, Tatis is 6.9

There is a reason a contract offer was never leaked. They prolly never made a realistic offer and didnt want it to come out and that they tried to low ball him.  The only reason the $100m info leaked was because of Chernoff's son accidentally said something about it during spring training

best part is the Padres gave that big deal to machado, now this deal to Tatis, while not even being  top10 attendance team and here is the kicker, Indians made $47m in their local TV deal last year, while the padres, get ready for this, made whopping $46m. So It makes you believe the Indians made more money than the Padres last year. One team burned the roster down to the floor and the other just locked up their star SS

Indians TV deal expires in '22, they better get a better deal than what they had last time, feel like they can be worth more than 10/$400m

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buno67 said:

Indians could have afforded that (maybe) but do you think they offered that? Frankie was worth that deal after his rookie year, now tho? He is worth way more than that.

Look at it this way. Padres came to Tatis after 2years in the bigs and offered him 14/$340m. Frankie after two years in the bigs and the Indians came at Frankie with  $100m contract and I doubt it was for 4 years or less. After 2years frankie was a combined 9.1 WAR player, Tatis is 6.9

There is a reason a contract offer was never leaked. They prolly never made a realistic offer and didnt want it to come out and that they tried to low ball him.  The only reason the $100m info leaked was because of Chernoff's son accidentally said something about it during spring training

best part is the Padres gave that big deal to machado, now this deal to Tatis, while not even being  top10 attendance team and here is the kicker, Indians made $47m in their local TV deal last year, while the padres, get ready for this, made whopping $46m. So It makes you believe the Indians made more money than the Padres last year. One team burned the roster down to the floor and the other just locked up their star SS

Indians TV deal expires in '22, they better get a better deal than what they had last time, feel like they can be worth more than 10/$400m

From what I’ve heard they absolutely were working on a creative deal probably close to what this deal was. The reason why you never heard anything is because the Indians have been very tight lipped. I have a sneaky suspicion based on his interviews that Frankie didn’t want to be here. 

Oh well:

PoliticalKindlyBoilweevil-size_restricte

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

From what I’ve heard they absolutely were working on a creative deal probably close to what this deal was. The reason why you never heard anything is because the Indians have been very tight lipped. I have a sneaky suspicion based on his interviews that Frankie didn’t want to be here. 

Oh well:

Sad, but very apropos gif.  I do think that it is very likely that Frankie might have wanted a bigger spotlight than Cleveland. 

Be Careful Wish GIF by Apple TV

...because you just might get it.

As for the TV deal...I don't have the foggiest idea what is going to transpire.  With Sinclair now in charge, they've not been able to reach deals with some pretty big power players in media.  Hulu Live and YoutubeTV have both dropped all of the Sinclair RSN's.  No deal could be reached between them.  No Cavs, no Indians, no Crew, no Bruce Drennan (is he still on?)..... I'm amazed that they couldn't reach any sort of compromise, but I guess that Sinclair is happier with 100% of nothing, rather than 50-75% of something.  It isn't exactly a product that needs to have a ramping up of production in order to get it to the consumer either.  Flip a switch, and it is available.  I think there has been a great deal of stubbornness on both sides.  Haven't seen the Cavs play in a long time, and didn't really miss watching the Indians on TV last year (only about 7 innings total all year).  Not too concerned about not being able to watch them this year either.  Thank goodness for this guy.  

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh well:

Nanza with sauces now 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932439-2020-al-cy-young-award-shane-bieber-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Cleveland ace Shane Bieber tested positive for COVID-19, president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti announced Thursday. 

Today's word:  harbinger noun

har·bin·ger | \ ˈhär-bən-jər  \

Definition of harbinger

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: something that foreshadows a future event : something that gives an anticipatory sign of what is to comerobins, crocuses, and other harbingers of spring

Dick Wolf Liar GIF by Wolf Entertainment

5 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Sad, but very apropos gif.  I do think that it is very likely that Frankie might have wanted a bigger spotlight than Cleveland. 

Be Careful Wish GIF by Apple TV

...because you just might get it.

As for the TV deal...I don't have the foggiest idea what is going to transpire.  With Sinclair now in charge, they've not been able to reach deals with some pretty big power players in media.  Hulu Live and YoutubeTV have both dropped all of the Sinclair RSN's.  No deal could be reached between them.  No Cavs, no Indians, no Crew, no Bruce Drennan (is he still on?)..... I'm amazed that they couldn't reach any sort of compromise, but I guess that Sinclair is happier with 100% of nothing, rather than 50-75% of something.  It isn't exactly a product that needs to have a ramping up of production in order to get it to the consumer either.  Flip a switch, and it is available.  I think there has been a great deal of stubbornness on both sides.  Haven't seen the Cavs play in a long time, and didn't really miss watching the Indians on TV last year (only about 7 innings total all year).  Not too concerned about not being able to watch them this year either.  Thank goodness for this guy.  

Yeah I hate Sinclair. But I have to watch the Cavs so it’s “a streaming” I go!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw7iQTmQkeUihoXGQRLFmhCAGMO_pO65E

hello from the other side GIF by Juli

west coast eagles GIF by AFL

Aussie Rules Sport GIF by Sydney Swans

Season begins in about 3 weeks, and the women's season is going on right now.  You can watch their games for free on their website (live or on demand, along with replays of the games). 

I'm just about done with the "Quest called Tribe" myself.  Come to the AFL side.

To quote a great Australian singer...Yep.  We've got big balls. (H/T: Bon Scott)

Rotum GIF

10 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

From what I’ve heard they absolutely were working on a creative deal probably close to what this deal was.

So they were trying to be as cheap as possible...

.Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

Tatis deal wasnt very creative. They are over paying him pretty heavily now, so they can save money down the road. Instead of playing out the team friendly aspect of his rookie deal and going to arbitration and what not, they said screw it, we will over pay him early compared to what we were going to pay him originally, so on the back end, he is creating value.

Also its not water under the bridge because we are constantly being forced to seeing our top tier talent shipped off or refused to resign because ownership is cheap. This might be the water under the lindor bridge, but we are approaching the JRam bridge and the Bieber bridge...

Dolan's love to play the cheap card but we just saw a franchise in a lesser market, locked into a pretty bad TV deal compared to the Indians, just drop two $300m contracts. The Indians TV deal expires in '22. They will prolly see a hefty increase with how well their ratings are or were. They couldnt bite the bullet on Lindor for 2 more seasons until they got that new TV deal. Hell, having one of the best players and faces of the league on the team prolly increases the TV deal.

Padres are biting the bullet and are betting on their income to sky rocket the longer the city goes without a NFL team. We couldnt bet/wait on the new TV deal after '22???