Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

Just now, candyman93 said:

But I was told the Indians are ran so well

BULL ****

Yeah, I'm gonna be cheering for the Padres (they were my west coast/NL team) until the Dolans sell the team.

That compensation is pathetic. They had no leverage because they dumped a top 10 closer over the mere fear of having him to pay him a below market value amount for one year. Everyone knew they wanted out of both guys' money. So they gave up our best player and our team heart and soul guy in Cookie for dog %^&*. Screw the Dolans. Sell the team or I'm not paying for merch/watching a game again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I'm gonna be cheering for the Padres (they were my west coast/NL team) until the Dolans sell the team.

That compensation is pathetic. They had no leverage because they dumped a top 10 closer over the mere fear of having him to pay him a below market value amount for one year. Everyone knew they wanted out of both guys' money. So they gave up our best player and our team heart and soul guy in Cookie for dog %^&*. Screw the Dolans. Sell the team or I'm not paying for merch/watching a game again. 

My Browns are back.

idgaf what Dolan does. I just needed something to pull me out of misery until my true team was revived.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

I just posted something similar in the baseball forum. I'm throwing out all of my gear/merchandise and I'm done until he sells the team or moves them and I'm done forever. I've given him 20 years. I owe him nothing more. Consider this the end of a one sided toxic relationship.

1 minute ago, FGK said:

I was going to ask somebody who knew better......who are these prospects? How in the wide wide world of sports is it possible to trade a top 10 player in baseball and not get back even a top 5 prospect.....

So the Indians have traded Corey Kluber, Francisco Lindor, Trevor Bauer, Mike Clevenger and Cookie Carrasco and the ONLY immediate value player that can make a difference in Wins and Losses they got in return was Franmil Reyes.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

My Browns are back.

idgaf what Dolan does. I just needed something to pull me out of misery until my true team was revived.

I understand always having to battle payroll issues in a small market. But I dont understand some of this trade compensation and I dont understand why you cant pay at least ONE of these guys so you can at least show your fans your trying.

This reminds me of the 2018 Jaguars where they were a playoff team with talent everywhere and then just blew it up out of nowhere down to the studs.

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I don’t care about losing Lindor, he was always garbage in the postseason. Losing Carrasco pisses me off. Nice pitcher on a cheap contract who seams to be a good human being. 

BTW, this is another step to selling the team. 😉

Thats my thought too, selling off everything to give the new owners a blank slate with no payroll as a inherited cost.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FGK said:

For some odd reason I’ve always had a soft spot for the Padres also. 

• Like 1