Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Our payroll is now #30 in the league.  Congratulations to the Dolans.  We're finally at the TOP.....of being at the bottom.  We're almost 1/2 of what the #29 team.  

22.9 million for the Cleveland Baseball Team.

42.2 million for the Orioles.

Absolutely pathetic.  What an absolute Crapshow.

• Like 2

Jose Ramirez is over 40% of our payroll for next year.  Roberto Perez is almost 24% of our payroll.  

I fully expect to see the two of them dealt before spring training.  We'll get a haul for Jose, as he still has 3 years left on his contract.  If they're tearing this thing down, I don't see them hanging on to him at all.  Perez would be a significant defensive upgrade for a number of contenders.  

We're going to sit here and pi$& away the pre-arbitration years of a dynamic group of starting pitchers, and that is a god-damned shame.  

To the Dolan family...... 

suck my dick GIF

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Our payroll is now #30 in the league.  Congratulations to the Dolans.  We're finally at the TOP.....of being at the bottom.  We're almost 1/2 of what the #29 team.  

22.9 million for the Cleveland Baseball Team.

42.2 million for the Orioles.

Absolutely pathetic.  What an absolute Crapshow.

We spend less than half the Marlins do.

Just trade Jose too. There’s no point in keeping him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

So the Indians have traded Corey Kluber, Francisco Lindor, Trevor Bauer, Mike Clevenger and Cookie Carrasco and the ONLY immediate value player that can make a difference in Wins and Losses they got in return was Franmil Reyes.

Kluber was done. He wasn’t the same Kluber. So we were never going to get great value in that trade. Trevor Bauer trade wasn’t bad. Cleveninger trade wasn’t bad but it was almost a blessing cause he hurt his throwing arm. He won’t even play this upcoming season. Cookie was great and all but he was a shell of his former self. You will never get a great return on a player who is past their prime and under a large contract. That’s what Kluber and Cookie was

At some points in your life, you need to step back, take a deep breath, and evaluate your relationships/priorities.

I've given way too much of the last 20 years to this team/ownership.

I'm going home, throwing all of my memorabilia away/donating it, and I'm done. 

I knew that this would happen, so this is merely the icing on the cake. The graph from two pages ago is why I'm done. I've had time to reflect. This is not a knee-jerk reaction.

Even though I knew he was going to be traded, I just can't help being disappointed that Lindor was traded. Why even own a baseball team if your not going to try and compete?  I hope Dolan sells the team soon to someone who wants to spend lot's of money on the team.

Peace!!!

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Kluber was done. He wasn’t the same Kluber. So we were never going to get great value in that trade. Trevor Bauer trade wasn’t bad. Cleveninger trade wasn’t bad but it was almost a blessing cause he hurt his throwing arm. He won’t even play this upcoming season. Cookie was great and all but he was a shell of his former self. You will never get a great return on a player who is past their prime and under a large contract. That’s what Kluber and Cookie was

Yeah its just a little dissapointing to see the entire World Series roster pieces out to other teams and have literally next to nothing to show for it.

I get trading player, but the fact that we traded these guys and done even have a single top tier prospect to show for it makes me angry. A long time ago I came to terms with the Indians loving prospects because they are cheap---my issue comes with when we dont have any top tier prospects like Lindor was to keep faith in.

When Lindor was in AA the entire program revolved around 'just wait til this guy gets up to the big leagues he is a star'

We dont have anybody like that now. So its nearly impossible to be invested into the team. I get invested with the Cavs because you can see the progression and the direction of the team with young players. The Indians done have that. They have a few good players (Jose/Perez/Reyes) and then a gaggle of random prospect lottery tickets that 90% of them wont amount to anything and we will never hear from them.

Amed Rosario also in the deal. Doesn't change that it's garbage.

Rosario/Gimenez are clearly the "headliners" we are LUCKY if one of them develops into a league average SS with below average power. Lucky.

Here's the prospect breakdown.

Wolf and Greene were the Mets' 2nd round picks in 2019/2020. Wolf has thrown 8 innings of rookie ball and that's it for pro experience between the two of them. Literal lottery tickets.

Andres Gimenez is a defense first SS prospect who had a breakout offensive season in 2020. And, I mean a breakout by his standards, he had a 730 OPS. Unless he's got major offensive upside that he's never shown evidence of, he's a meh starting SS at best.

Amed Rosario had a great age 20 season between High A and AA in 2016. He followed it up with what looks like a great age 21 season in AAA in 2017, but it was in the PCL so who knows. He had one decent year in the majors in 2019 after a bad rookie year in 2018. His BREAKOUT major league season was a 755 OPS with 15 HR's in 650 ABs. As of now, he's a below average starting SS or meh utility guy.

For me to even ANSWER THE FREAKING PHONE we needed to see one of Ronny Mauricio (SS) or Fransisco Alvarez (C) in the return. And that's JUST talking about Lindor. Cookie is a $%^ D@$%ed THROW IN in this monstrosity!!!!

This deal is a travesty and if we weren't going through a national travesty at the same time the entire internet would be dragging it. God only knows why some other team didn't get in on this because this return is horrifying. (Well, I know why, it's because most of the other owners are prentending to be the Dolans for a couple of years to save money with the excuse of the pandemic. Baseball's owners collectively suck.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

For some odd reason I’ve always had a soft spot for the Padres also. 

They sucked for so long and are in (for the west coast) a small market. Their stadium is right off the water but not on it. Honestly they feel pretty close spiritually to the things I love about the Indians (apart from the current ownership group). And the current crop of players is crazy fun. And I don't feel like a bandwagon jumper cause I started cheering for them when I moved out here in 2017, so pre-Machado/Tatis/etc.

• Like 1

Just going to toss this out there.  

If anyone wants to jump in and start following Australian Rules Football, I would love to help get you up to speed. 

It fits in very well as a replacement for baseball, with the season beginning in mid-March, and ending in the end of September, just as the NFL is getting up to speed.  

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce