Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

21 minutes ago, bruceb said:

They waited a year too long to do it.

I am sure the haul would have been better if they had traded him last offseason, before Covid.

they slightly panicked but they got the deal they wanted. They got a starting SS, who is avg at best. some prospects, and team willing to take on cookie's $38m contract.

If this was going to be the deal, they should have just traded him last year or hang on to him and traded him at the DL. Maybe get a better deal cause a take wouldnt have to take on his full contract and maybe get more suitors cause of teams wanting to buy who are still in.

dude was on track to being one of the best players in franchise HS. Already the best SS, and we trading him pennies on the dollars cause the Do(uche)lans wanted to pinch those pennies.

I might officially become a mets fan and wait for new owners before I come back

Edited by buno67

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

When Lindor was in AA the entire program revolved around 'just wait til this guy gets up to the big leagues he is a star'

wasnt even at that level, its started as soon as Low Sinlge A. I would go to the Lake County Captain games during that time to just see him. Everyone knew he was going to be special. Its why they offered him that big contract $100m as soon as he scratched his potential in the majors. Just sucks that him and his agent knew that was a bad deal cause it was going to cost him money down the road.

Im just glad he went to the mets and not the yanks/philies/Redsox/ dodgers

3 hours ago, FGK said:

They sucked for so long and are in (for the west coast) a small market. Their stadium is right off the water but not on it. Honestly they feel pretty close spiritually to the things I love about the Indians (apart from the current ownership group). And the current crop of players is crazy fun. And I don't feel like a bandwagon jumper cause I started cheering for them when I moved out here in 2017, so pre-Machado/Tatis/etc.

Yeah I just watched them a few times when I was young and loved how they played. Love their uniforms too. 

But alas I’m an Indians lifer 🤦🏻‍♂️

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

23 million is the salary this year.

I kinda want to hear the idiots who blamed “fAn aTTenDaNCE” try to justify this. Maybe Daddy Dolan will give you a penny for defending him.

Crap like this is why fan attendance is down in the first place. I think this city lost a lot of love for this team back when cc and cliff lee were traded back to back after cy youngs. It really hasn’t been the same after that. And the little bit of support they got back in 2016 just got ripped away again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I kinda want to hear the idiots who blamed “fAn aTTenDaNCE” try to justify this.

Dolan will be first in line.

But the comeback to him is simple.

Just ask him, why, if he will not make an effort to field a contender -- will not support the team -- why should we?