Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

23 million is the salary this year.

Ironically, or coincidentally, if fans could attend and attendance were at historical levels at an average ticket price of $20 ticket sales alone would cover the payroll.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

23 million is the salary this year.

I kinda want to hear the idiots who blamed “fAn aTTenDaNCE” try to justify this. Maybe Daddy Dolan will give you a penny for defending him.

You can bury your head in the sand as much as you want. But the facts are the dolans spent $143 million which is a whole lot of cash above their spending ability in a failed attempt to get fans in the stands. They spent the cash and who’s in the stands? 🦗🦗🦗

I don’t even like the dolans. I never wanted them in the first place. But you’re basically calling me an idiot here. They literally gave you guys what you wanted and you guys failed them. Fan attendance isn’t the Hail Mary to solve the issue, but it’s a huge start. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Did you know over the last 2 decades we missed the playoffs 13 times? During the times we made it, we got out of the 1st round twice.

That’s a crap franchise.

We’re a small market team with a really crappy tv deal, what do you expect?

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I blame who needs to be blamed. It’s a whole lot deeper than what you’re suggesting. 

Not really.

When a franchise routinely sucks, it starts at top. You act like it’s literally impossible for a small market team to have success. The Marlins have more success than the Indians historically.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not really.

When a franchise routinely sucks, it starts at top. You act like it’s literally impossible for a small market team to have success. The Marlins have more success than the Indians historically.

Ok awesome one team out of how many?

11 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I blame who needs to be blamed. It’s a whole lot deeper than what you’re suggesting

It's Dolan selling off all assets to recoup any money lost in this past year for financial reasons. He doesn't care about the fans or winning. He only cares about winning if it fits into his budget. That's why the Indians pushed some chips into the middle with Edwin during that WS run.

However, he probably lost some money during Covid and instead of spending on a top 15-20 payroll for a team that's probably not going to earn a ton of money-- he is cutting.

Same concept as the company I work for that laid off 3/4 of the workforce when Covid hit in April so they could stay in the black.

It's easy to get over money loss from Covid when you cut 250 employee salaries out of the company. And that also came from a multi millionaire owner who could afford to stomach the losses.

Edited by AkronsWitness