Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

hahaha this is exactly what I thought when I saw him last night dominating. I wasnt enjoying it, I was thinking the entire time "when are the Indians going to put Bieber on the market because there is no way they can afford him longterm"

Might as well do it now while his value is astronomical.  Maybe we get lucky with a bunch of talented kids all at once.

That’s the only hope.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Might as well do it now while his value is astronomical.  Maybe we get lucky with a bunch of talented kids all at once.

That’s the only hope.

No, the only hope is that the Dolans sell the team. And I'm not counting on that happening.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s the only hope.

I mean they got a bunch of mid-tier prospects for Lindor who is a top 10 player in baseball.They essentially salary dumped Lindor. I have no faith the Indians will be able to get anything but a bunch of 'this guy might be good in 5 years' prospects for Bieber. 

Who cares, baseball is stupid. I need instant gratification, bring me the NBA 

Edited by AkronsWitness

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And you’re a Cavs fan huh?

At least when they suck, they immediately get a player the following year who could help right away.

If you suck in baseball, you will continue to suck the following year. It took Lindor 5 years from being drafted to finally playing a MLB game on the Indians.

So hey, if the Indians suck, they might be good by 2026 when this years draft pick is ready to actually play baseball.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

At least when they suck, they immediately get a player the following year who could help right away.

If you suck in baseball, you will continue to suck the following year. It took Lindor 5 years from being drafted to finally playing a MLB game on the Indians.

So hey, if the Indians suck, they might be good by 2026 when this years draft pick is ready to actually play baseball.

Or.... this is Cleveland and we’re gonna suck at basketball until we draft the next GOAT who also happens to be a local dude and we’re gonna suck at baseball until forever because our owner is awful.

15 hours ago, buno67 said:

how that workout for him tonight?

another stellar start for bieber minus only getting 11k in 9ip

Instead of piling up Ks early in the game he let it come to him.

He didn't have a K until the 3rd inning vs. 5-6 -- and a high pitch count -- in the first 2 innings per his usual approach.

Only threw 33 pitches through 3 innings last night, iirc.

So what I would have advised worked quite well for him last night.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Instead of piling up Ks early in the game he let it come to him.

He didn't have a K until the 3rd inning vs. 5-6 -- and a high pitch count -- in the first 2 innings per his usual approach.

Only threw 33 pitches through 3 innings last night, iirc.

So what I would have advised worked quite well for him last night.

your boy got blown up today. still want plesac over him? 

i just want a pitcher who can give you a quality start and the best one on the team for that is bieber. i dont care about complete games, just get through 6 and let tito use his bullpen. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Never said I did.

Pretty sad when you have to predicate an outburst on a false narrative of your own creation.

I am sure there is a name for that abnormality, but I do not know what it is.

Sorry.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:
13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Never said I did.

Pretty sad when you have to predicate an outburst on a false narrative of your own creation.

I am sure there is a name for that abnormality, but I do not know what it is.

Sorry.

well you said you prefer zac’s approach over shane’s. nothing has changed from when you made the comment to last night and tonight. There approaches to the game stayed the same. white soxs were more aggressive yesterday and it lead to more balls batted into play earlier vs bieber. white soxs did the same approach tonight and they completely rocked plesac.

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

well you said you prefer zac’s approach over shane’s. nothing has changed from when you made the comment to last night and tonight.

Actually, two pretty important things did change: (1) Bieber was way more efficient and effective than in his previous starts; and (2) .Plesac got rocked

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

There approaches to the game stayed the same.

This is absurd.

Bieber's approach was radically different than it was in his previous starts.

Don't know what happened to Plesac tonight.

I will look into it in the morning.

When do we trade Bieber?

The scrub only got us 13k’s today.

Bieber (2-1) became the first pitcher in big league history to begin the season with four straight starts with at least 10 strikeouts since the mound was moved to its current distance back in 1893.

Edited by candyman93