Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

5 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Or they could have honored the commerce in the area because of Lake Erie. Could have been the Shippers, Transporters, or Sailors

My thoughts is maybe since they have Clippers ans Captains in their farm system they didnt want to add another sailing type thing. I truly wanted them to steal the Captains stuff from Lake county

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

My thoughts is maybe since they have Clippers ans Captains in their farm system they didnt want to add another sailing type thing. I truly wanted them to steal the Captains stuff from Lake county

That would have been sweet. Captains is basic but its safe and works. 

To stick with that theme they could have been the Cleveland Whitecaps. That is 'giant lake'/water themed.

Cleveland Mayflies

Cleveland Yes, We Have Islands 

Cleveland Sturgeon

Starting the video with references to fire and water?  The jokes keep writing themselves.  

https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/environment/wilderness-ethics-driving/

OK....now that I've got that out of the way.....

I'm OK with the name.  Not a fan of the owner, nor am I a fan of the way that the league and the media are doing things.  

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That would have been sweet. Captains is basic but its safe and works. 

To stick with that theme they could have been the Cleveland Whitecaps. That is 'giant lake'/water themed.

Cleveland Mayflies

Cleveland Yes, We Have Islands 

Cleveland Sturgeon

Captains is basic but the logos the Lake County Captains use is pretty sweet IMO.

I just wish they would have done a full overhaul and 100% rebrand. I hate the script Guardians, its like they just replaced the In and replaced it with Guar. Why not change the color scheme but yet they want to stick to the red. I would love to see Gold, charcoal and grey combo.

Like serious, I think I saw this in mario golf but besides a baseball it was a golf ball

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Captains is basic but the logos the Lake County Captains use is pretty sweet IMO.

I just wish they would have done a full overhaul and 100% rebrand. I hate the script Guardians, its like they just replaced the In and replaced it with Guar. Why not change the color scheme but yet they want to stick to the red. I would love to see Gold, charcoal and grey combo.

Like serious, I think I saw this in mario golf but besides a baseball it was a golf ball

looool

I mean this with all sincerity, but that logo looks like a logo I have done (because I do web design) when my boss calls me and says 'Bring a new logo for our meeting this afternoon' and I havent even started yet.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

looool

I mean this with all sincerity, but that logo looks like a logo I have done (because I do web design) when my boss calls me and says 'Bring a new logo for our meeting this afternoon' and I havent even started yet.

Like I dont hate that logo, ill def buy a hat with it but they could have done a lot better

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Still think they should have went with @MWil23's idea and call themselves the Cleveland Cheapskates.

I mean, to be fair they ARE cheap--but still have the best record in AL for the past decade and have been in the playoffs nearly every year. So its not like the Indians suck because the Dolans wont spend.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean, to be fair they ARE cheap--but still have the best record in AL for the past decade and have been in the playoffs nearly every year. So its not like the Indians suck because the Dolans wont spend.

just means Tito is a freaking boss because he is the only reason that they have been that good. If they would have been willing to spend, Indians prolly could have 2-3 other tips to the WS. Also when the Indians do suck, its because the Dolans refuse to spend. When we were garbage in the early 2000s is because they refused to keep any of the talent that was on those late 90 teams. When the team sucked in the late 00' and early '10, they refused to keep talent. Now the team has been good under Tito but they could have been a lot better if they kept talent or atleast spent a little bit. Imagine what Tito could do if the Dolans allowed the FO to actually piece together a true OF

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I just heard on the radio from their press conference that the G is actually holding a 2seam fastball--which is supposed to be a nod to the Indians great history of pitching. If you squint you can see what they are talking about. The G is supposed to sort of be a hand pitching the ball with the fingers on top

Seems to me that they put way too much effort into tying this team name/logo/colors into the 'rich history' of Cleveland.

Why not just make it something cool, screw what it has to do with Cleveland. I feel like they pigeon holed themselves into mediocrity by trying to force the 'Cleveland' theme to everything. I also think they tried too hard trying to incorperate their pitching history into the actual logo. Again, making it look dumb trying to do too much with too much symbolism.

Just make the name cool and have the logo be cool. WTF do Pirates have to do with Pittsburgh or Tigers with Detroit.

It’s ridiculous they had to come up with a new name to begin with but given the options I don’t really have a problem with the choice. The logo and font however is a different issue. With all the cutting edge graphic designers out there and my four-year-old came up with the end product I think.

• Like 2