Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

• 2 weeks later...

Francona isn't as good a manager as he used to be. The Guardians are under immense pressure to succeed after the Cavs failed in their 8th attempt to make a LeBron-free playoff appearance during LeBron's career.

And Francona is holding the Guardians back. It doesn't help that he hasn't gone an entire season without missing a game for health issues since 2019. At this point, keeping him on is beating a dead horse.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pf9 said:

Francona isn't as good a manager as he used to be. The Guardians are under immense pressure to succeed after the Cavs failed in their 8th attempt to make a LeBron-free playoff appearance during LeBron's career.

And Francona is holding the Guardians back. It doesn't help that he hasn't gone an entire season without missing a game for health issues since 2019. At this point, keeping him on is beating a dead horse.

Wtf do the cavs have anything to do with the Indians? Once again you make zero sense. The guardians have zero pressure at all. It’s not like Dolan has spent a ton of money and they haven’t lived up to expectations. Tito can only do so much with what he has been given. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m probably crazy, but I think this team is different from past teams.

I think they’re going to grind and have bumps and bruises in the regular season, but be really strong in a playoff series (if they make it).

They hit in the clutch.

Lead the majors batting with RISP, I think.

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m probably crazy

Is there any doubt?

When do you think Francola/the FO are going to realize that any combination of Straw and Hedges (9 & 1, 8 & 9) is not a pothole but a sinkhole in the lineup?

8 hours ago, bruceb said:

Is there any doubt?

When do you think Francola/the FO are going to realize that any combination of Straw and Hedges (9 & 1, 8 & 9) is not a pothole but a sinkhole in the lineup?

Who is Francola? And what other options do you think they have?

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Is there any doubt?

Well Straw was probably the 2nd or 3rd best hitter for CLE last year and they signed him to a 5 year contract lol So he better figure it out but the season is still young, hes slumping. 

Is there any difference in Hedges and Roberto? They are both elite defensive catchers who cant do much of anything at the plate outside of the occasional HR. Im not really worried about him, it is what it is.

Edited by AkronsWitness