Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sad indeed, I’m surprised there isn’t much more said about this. Dude was an icon.  Not a whole lot better than an evening at the ball park in the late innings with the Indians rallying and that drum drumming. Or watching on the TV and just wishing for victory. Or brucebing it and listening to the ole radio. Man what an atmosphere that man created. Sigh

Yeah he was an icon. I just hope the team gave him free season tickets for his years of service. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Still don’t feel good about our starting pitching outside of Bieber and McKenzie. The offense should be fantastic though.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/depth/_/name/cle/cleveland-guardians

Our top 3 pitchers are perfectly fine. Civale and Plesac are where it gets dicey. Civale can’t stay healthy and Plesac isn’t good. Hopefully Gavin Williams/Tanner Buber make a big jump soon. Could need them halfway through the year. 

StilL holding out hope for a trade for Bryan Reynolds. We have so many young prospects in Columbus that they all can’t see time on the big league club. Go get him and the offense takes a huge jump forward. Go get Tito a ring before he retires. 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

Only one of those that is untouchable to me is Gavin Williams. He is a future star. I’d like to see what Naylor can do behind the plate. Other guys I’d be fine dealing. 

You’re right

I like Espino too though. 

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Yeah I think it would be bad to move off Espino especially since we need controllable pitching because of how we run this franchise.

Just my stupid opinion but when I see Espino, I see the next Danny Salazar.  A pitcher with top notch stuff and has all the tools to succeed just won't stay healthy.  It's probably just me but that is how I see him.  However, I do agree with you about controllable pitching.  

Edited by mchjstnk

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Opening day lineup prediction, any objections?

LF Steven Kwan
SS Amed Rosario
3B José Ramírez
DH Josh Bell
2B Andrés Giménez
1B Josh Naylor
RF Oscar Gonzalez
C Mike Zunino
CF Myles Straw

That 8 and 9 hole will be just like last year. An automatic 2 outs. Other than that, I like the lineup. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:45 PM, mchjstnk said:

Just my stupid opinion but when I see Espino, I see the next Danny Salazar.  A pitcher with top notch stuff and has all the tools to succeed just won't stay healthy.  It's probably just me but that is how I see him.  However, I do agree with you about controllable pitching.  

Nope, I completely hear this. His tools are top 5-10 pitching prospect in the sport and future ace. His health makes it possible he eventually moves to the pen to try and prevent injury. I probably wouldn't move him now because his value is in the toilet. But if he comes back and is healthy for 4-6 weeks? If he can headline a package for a truly elite hitter with 3+ years of control? I'll do that.

If anything my #2 on the "do not move" scale is Delauter because I think his value will skyrocket by the end of this year. I think if you move him for a bat now, he's the #2/3 prospect in the deal. I think the same move next off-season he's the headliner. Although Naylor would be tough to move because our MLB options are terrible and our MiLB depth isn't there.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Opening day lineup prediction, any objections?

LF Steven Kwan
SS Amed Rosario
3B José Ramírez
DH Josh Bell
2B Andrés Giménez
1B Josh Naylor
RF Oscar Gonzalez
C Mike Zunino
CF Myles Straw

I think for opening day you're spot on. I think by mid-season we see Bo at catcher more often than not. And I hope if we're playing well that by mid-season we've picked up an upgrade for whoever is struggling in the "young breakout, does it stick?" (Josh Naylor, Oscar Gonzalez) or the defensive stud with no bat (Straw).

• Like 1