Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. I was just as frustrated back in the 90s when we had the exact opposite problem, great hitting and mediocre pitching. I’m still seething to this very day that we didn’t trade for Pedro Martinez. Would have won at a minimum one World Serious. Makes me even angrier if the rumored deal was Jarret Wright for him was true. 

Just looked at the power rankings

#1) White Sox 21-13

#12) Indians 20-14

😐

They beat the Cubs twice and only went up 2 spots lol

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, buno67 said:

watch Bauers goes to a team with a legit hitting coach and gets everything figured out!

Could happen, though I doubt it, and if it does, God love him.

The FO/Francola played this one very wrong.

Bradley can to camp fit, had lost 30 lbs. iirc, and was hitting very well. He earned the 1B job.

But they gave it to Bauers instead, for what reason(s) I do not know, and probably demotivated Bradley in the process.

Poor form, imho.

Glad he is gone.

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

Bradley can to camp fit, had lost 30 lbs. iirc, and was hitting very well. He earned the 1B job.

But they gave it to Bauers instead, for what reason(s) I do not know, and probably demotivated Bradley in the process.

Poor form, imho.

Glad he is gone.

True, I need to see Bradley and Daniel Johnson up on the Indians roster. Now that Bradley is, Johnson needs to be next.

Why not get these young guys some more reps to see if you hit another diamond in the rough?

On a side note, Harold Ramierz and Josh Naylor have been wonderful surprises in the middle of the order.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

Poor form, imho.

Glad he is gone.

It was simple, Bauer didnt have any options left. So if he didnt make the club, he was done. Bradley did. So Bradley had more control than Bauer. They tried to give him the last chance. The dude was a stud prospect, 2-3years ago and the center piece to the trade that got him here. FO doesnt have the luxury to truely just give up on a guy after a season but they have limited resources to replace guys. They gave him a shot and gave him 2 months, which is reasonable. Just glad they did it now.

Hell It might be better now to bring Bradley up. Dude might have gotten his confidence completely destroyed the way pitchers were throwing because of illegal substances. Now they cant throw it like they were and getting the Ks, so now Bradley could perform better potentially

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

On a side note, Harold Ramierz and Josh Naylor have been wonderful surprises in the middle of the order.

Feel like Naylor has a little man ram to his game. I just want to give him one defensive spot to worry about and just let him hit.  

21 hours ago, buno67 said:

Feel like Naylor has a little man ram to his game. I just want to give him one defensive spot to worry about and just let him hit.  

lol I acutally get a little Carlos Santana/Victor Martinez vibe from him. Maybe its his build. Remember when the 2010s team started piecing itself together when guys like Santana, Kipnis, Brantley, Jose, ect, ect year after year started showing up and playing well? They inevitably turned into the Avengers in the 2016 season.

I feel with Naylor, he is one of those guys for this new rebuild who will be a Indian for a long time like those others were.

He just seems like the next guy in line to be a core member of this rebuild team thats going to be hitting 5th or 6th until 2028

Edited by AkronsWitness

49 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

THE NIGHTMARE IS OVER!!!!

Tribe announced today they have officially traded Jake Bauers to Seattle for the always valuable PTBNL, or straight cash, homie.

https://www.mlb.com/indians/news/jake-bauers-traded-by-indians-to-mariners

Hey, we gave it every chance to succeed but it didnt work out. Im glad the Indians are giving Bradley and Miller chances in the majors. They just need to show the same patience with them as they did with Bauers.

Its funny though, Bradley and Miller are our 16th and 19th ranked prospects. We have a flood of players in front of them that are either in A or AA ball right now.

Something else thats funny is 6 out of our top 20 prospects are SS! Looks like the Indians have really been prepping for life after Lindor for a while now.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hey, we gave it every chance to succeed but it didnt work out. Im glad the Indians are giving Bradley and Miller chances in the majors. They just need to show the same patience with them as they did with Bauers.

Its funny though, Bradley and Miller are our 16th and 19th ranked prospects. We have a flood of players in front of them that are either in A or AA ball right now.

Something else thats funny is 6 out of our top 20 prospects are SS! Looks like the Indians have really been prepping for life after Lindor for a while now.

Gosh.....it is Bruce Bochte all over again.  https://images.app.goo.gl/kvhvqdqSrhRMhxLo6

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

thats the only thing I hate about baseball, is  it  takes forever to see your good young players make it to the big leagues. I remember being a huge Lindor fan when we got him and saw him play a lot in Lake County but it took like 6yrs for him to make it to the Bigs.

you can never have too many good SS tho. if they have the skill to play SS, they have the skill to potentially play any other position really.

Of course we are hosting the Mariners this weekend - and due to their injury situation - guess who is playing 1B? (According to my brother - so I caution you to take that with a grain of salt..)

I hope and pray it is not the second coming of The Bambino.

Edited by brooks1957

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

thats the only thing I hate about baseball, is  it  takes forever to see your good young players make it to the big leagues. I remember being a huge Lindor fan when we got him and saw him play a lot in Lake County but it took like 6yrs for him to make it to the Bigs.

you can never have too many good SS tho. if they have the skill to play SS, they have the skill to potentially play any other position really.

Very true, which is why I will always lean towards the Browns/Cavs. More instant gratification

Also to be fair, I looked up the top 10 prospects of the indians 5-10 years ago. I have never heard of 80% of them, which means they didnt amount to anything in the bigs.

7 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Also to be fair, I looked up the top 10 prospects of the indians 5-10 years ago. I have never heard of 80% of them, which means they didnt amount to anything in the bigs.

The FO is good at identifying and developing pitchers but don't seem to able to identify good hitting position players.

Seems like more than a few teams field a new phenom each year.

But not us.