Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

To be where we are on September 12th, with the M*A*S*H unit that we have had for most of the year is absolutely mind-blowing.  40% of the rotation gone a few weeks into the season.  Your current ace missing two months with a bad back, and has come back to look like a Cy Young candidate (if the season had another month to go). 

3 young starters have established themselves as possible cornerstones going forward. 

Roberto Perez has been a great defender, and his bat has reassured us that the Gomes trade was, in fact, a good one.  

We've managed to find ourselves in this position despite the impact of climate change on our closer (help me, I'm melting).

Despite our failed reclamation projects earlier in the year, (H. Ramirez, C. Gomez), this group of young kids have battled hard, to be this close to the post season.  

Post of the year, BHD! We always tend to live in the immediate world. But, as you pointed out, perspective is always welcome. Because of the development of the young pitchers in 2019, I would be shocked if Corey Kluber is an Indian in 2020. That would be an infusion of valuable cash to go after Frankie.

51 minutes ago, mistakey said:

trevor bauer for reyes and puig seems like uh, great, with how our pitching has done without bauer.  not to mention we also got other pieces.

Trevor Who? Reyes is coming on strong at the right time. Puig may have really found himself under Tito's leadership. I saw the other day he loves playing for Tito - more than any other manager. Round 2 in 2020?

43 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This Minnesota series is do or die really.

Astros decided for whatever reason to now start sucking against Oakland.

I know it is a long shot at best - but if you're gonna dream - do it big..........

Can you imagine the physce of this town if we woke up on Sept 16 trailing the Twins only by 1/2 a game ??

• Like 1

Good news. Reinforcements are on the way.

The Clippers won the Governor's Cup last night (International League title series), so their season is now over. The Tribe has decided to give a couple of their players the bonus of a two week stay in "The Show". Most notably, former Tribe CF Bradley Zimmer and.....

Relief pitcher James Karinchak. This kid's production in the minor's this season is off the hook good.

He has amassed 74 strikeouts in just 30.1 IP. Let do the math - 30.1 innings equals 91 outs recorded. Of those 91, 74 were via the strikeout or a whopping 81%

WOW!!!!!

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t445&player_id=675916#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

http://www.baseballessential.com/news/2019/04/19/lets-talk-about-james-karinchak/

You may have guessed this based on the strikeout numbers, but Special K's fastball is special. It averages in the upper 90s.

Edited by brooks1957

7 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Offense was pathetic in Game 1. Lose Game 2 and season is over. Would be looking at 2.5 back from Rays with 7 of last 13 against Twins, Phillies, and Nationals. 

This team doesn’t deserve the playoffs to be honest. This is what happens when you do a half *** cap cutting offseason.