Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

12 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I bet its Nolan Jones and Jose slides over to 2nd. The outfield is even harder to predict. Mercado in Center. Naquin in right, Zimmer in left with Luplow platooning? Is Zimmer even in the plans for next season?

I think this is exactly the plan for 2020. Of course, I would seriously consider trading Kluber to free up cash to make a big offer to Yasiel Puig. Maybe even consider trading Zimmer, and roll with and outfield of Naquin and Puig as your corner outfielders, Mercado in center and Luplow as your platoon OF.

Mercado's play this year dictates he gets the chance to lock down CF. The same with Naquin in one of the corner spots. Puig, if he returns can play wherever and whenever he wants. That is a studly outfield.

1 minute ago, brooks1957 said:

I think this is exactly the plan for 2020. Of course, I would seriously consider trading Kluber to free up cash to make a big offer to Yasiel Puig. Maybe even consider trading Zimmer, and roll with and outfield of Naquin and Puig as your corner outfielders, Mercado in center and Luplow as your platoon OF.

Mercado's play this year dictates he gets the chance to lock down CF. The same with Naquin in one of the corner spots. Puig, if he returns can play wherever and whenever he wants. That is a studly outfield.

I dont think there is anyway they pay Puig the money hes going to to want. Hes a mercenary type player that is going to go to the highest bidder. I even think after the trade Antonetti made a remark that he was a rental for this post season run. If anything trade Kluber for prospects to free up money to throw at Lindor.

3 hours ago, brooks1957 said:
4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I bet its Nolan Jones and Jose slides over to 2nd. The outfield is even harder to predict. Mercado in Center. Naquin in right, Zimmer in left with Luplow platooning? Is Zimmer even in the plans for next season?

That might be the infield to end the season but they wont start with Jones at 3rd tho.

I would love to get Puig on a contract and make him a DH. Just let that dude focus on cranking the ball.

Naquin prolly wont be ready for the season. It be smart to try and bring him back for June/July

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think there is anyway they pay Puig the money hes going to to want. Hes a mercenary type player that is going to go to the highest bidder. I even think after the trade Antonetti made a remark that he was a rental for this post season run. If anything trade Kluber for prospects to free up money to throw at Lindor.

its not like Puig got a huge deal last offseason. He only got a $9m deal. 

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

That might be the infield to end the season but they wont start with Jones at 3rd tho.

I would love to get Puig on a contract and make him a DH. Just let that dude focus on cranking the ball.

Naquin prolly wont be ready for the season. It be smart to try and bring him back for June/July

its not like Puig got a huge deal last offseason. He only got a $9m deal. 

Why would you want to make Puig a DH?  Then what do you do with Franmil Reyes. He is the DH for the next 3-4 years. 

Also, a name that a lot of people aren’t mentioning is outfielder Daniel Johnson. He is waiting in the wings to be a corner outfielder 

• Like 1

Thing I hate about this Indians season

--That it was the last reasonable year to be a contender before a overhaul

--Since it was that year, I hate it even more that we basically played the entire season without our #1-2 starting pitchers

--Just when they get on a role everybody gets injured for a extended period of time. Jose, Naquin and Kipnis sucked the mojo out of the room.

--Winning 95+ games this season and NOT even making the wild card. (wtf....really).

--It being potentially the last season of Lindor before he is traded to become a Dodger, Cub, Angel, Red Sox or Yankee.

#pessimism 

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thing I hate about this Indians season

--That it was the last reasonable year to be a contender before a overhaul

--Since it was that year, I hate it even more that we basically played the entire season without our #1-2 starting pitchers

--Just when they get on a role everybody gets injured for a extended period of time. Jose, Naquin and Kipnis sucked the mojo out of the room.

--Winning 95+ games this season and NOT even making the wild card. (wtf....really).

--It being potentially the last season of Lindor before he is traded to become a Dodger, Cub, Angel, Red Sox or Yankee.

#pessimism 

I think there is a good chance that Lindor is dealt this winter.  

13 hours ago, mchjstnk said:

Why would you want to make Puig a DH?  Then what do you do with Franmil Reyes. He is the DH for the next 3-4 years. 

Also, a name that a lot of people aren’t mentioning is outfielder Daniel Johnson. He is waiting in the wings to be a corner outfielder 

I forgot about Reyes