Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Imma flip if a closer blows another dominant performance by a starter.

Chill.

Until/Unless Hand gets back to speed the K-Man is our closer.

Will keep saying that he is a big key to how this shortened season goes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

As a reminder, first round of the playoffs is a 3 game series. That’s massive for us given how strong our starting pitching is.

Whoa! Let's see what Clevinger, Carrasco, Civale, et al. do their second times around.

10 hours ago, bruceb said:

Whoa! Let's see what Clevinger, Carrasco, Civale, et al. do their second times around.

why should Clev and Cookie be doubted? As long as they are healthy they are going to be fine. Cookie might be the best #3 pitcher in the AL and maybe in all of Majors depending on the nationals and their rotation.

The only thing that is going to hold this team back is the offense

Edited by buno67

BIEBER!!!!!!!

But let's not lose sight of ANOTHER  very important development.......

James Karinchak

1.0 IP

0 R

0 H

6 Pitches

6 Strikes

Can you hear me now, Tito?

And it's not like this post is a kneejerk reaction to one bad outing on Wednesday night. Since the All Star Break last year, Hand's pitching has been on a downward track.

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Karinchak has closer type stuff and he also seems to have the demeanor for it as well. I think its only a matter of time. Problem would be it would leave a big gap with the relievers unless Hand can somehow switch to being a 5th-8th inning type guy.

Fifth inning?  What is this 5th inning reliever you speak of?  I've never heard of such a thing.

What Are You Talking About Jay Hernandez GIF by filmeditor

I say sir, we're Cleveland Indians, and we don't talk about 5th inning relievers in these parts.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Fifth inning?  What is this 5th inning reliever you speak of?  I've never heard of such a thing.

What Are You Talking About Jay Hernandez GIF by filmeditor

I say sir, we're Cleveland Indians, and we don't talk about 5th inning relievers in these parts.  ;) 

Just like we had never heard of a fifth round pick being used on a long snapper either.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, buno67 said:

why should Clev and Cookie be doubted? As long as they are healthy they are going to be fine. Cookie might be the best #3 pitcher in the AL and maybe in all of Majors depending on the nationals and their rotation.

The only thing that is going to hold this team back is the offense

Only thing with Clev/Cookie that has been their main issues for the past 2-3 years has been consistency. They are both capable of going a month or two with being dominant but unlike Kluber/Beiber they dont have the consistent control.

Outside of that yeah...this team really needs to figure it out 5-9 in the batting lineup. Hopefully Naquin and the return of Desheilds will help jolt the second half of the order.

Its funny because Desheilds and Domingo Santana are both guys I have probably added/dropped 25+ times over the years in fantasy. I KNOW each one of them can get hot for stretches and absolutely mash.

Edited by AkronsWitness