Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

If we can’t hit we’re going nowhere...

from the dept of #nowaythatsfreakingobvious

And they still have Triston McKenzie in the pipeline waiting for the call up next year. 

Which makes me believe even more that the smart thing to do would be to trade one of these pitchers for another bat.

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

And they still have Triston McKenzie in the pipeline waiting for the call up next year. 

Which makes me believe even more that the smart thing to do would be to trade one of these pitchers for another bat.

I would have zero issue if they put Clev on the block.

He doesn't seem like he has shown any real improvement from last year.

and seems to get mentally down on himself when anything goes not according to plan, similar to what Salazar had a few years back

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yup.

They are in everybody's doghouse.

Even if people think the virus is overblown, I still 100% understand the teammates perspective.

Plesac and Clevinger flat out lied to their teammates.

I’d be more lenient on Plesac, but Clevinger just doesn’t get what it means to be a pro and he won’t.

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’d be more lenient on Plesac, but Clevinger just doesn’t get what it means to be a pro and he won’t.

Heard that he posted a quote from a country song on some social media: "I know the rules but the rules don't know me."

Keep him around long enough to restore his trade value - which is lower than whale crap right now - and ditch him.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

Heard that he posted a quote from a country song on some social media: "I know the rules but the rules don't know me."

Keep him around long enough to restore his trade value - which is lower than whale crap right now - and ditch him.

I'm usually a talent over chemistry guy, but in this case I think I agree. He lied to the team and his teammates AND exposed them to extra risk when he knows one of his teammates is immuno-compromised! Like, that's just an absolute murderer to team chemistry and cohesion.

Posted this in the wrong thread:

Wonder if Francola notices that Lindor and Santana are batting .214 and .180, respectively, and even worse with RISP.

Ya, those would be my choices for the 3 and 4 holes.

And also wonder what leads him to believe that Hand still should be the closer?