Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

6 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Say the Red Sox call and offer Verdugo + for Clevinger. Is that something the Indians have to consider?

He would give us the first real outfield piece to consider a building block for the future in the last 5 years. If we can get him and another high level bat, like Triston Casas, it certainly would be something to consider. Clevinger is still under control for 2 years obviously, but price tag is going to grow quickly. Would lose some proven big time stuff in Cleveinger, but still left with Civale, Bieber, Plesac, Carrasco, and now McKenzie, the rotation still looks to be one of the best in baseball and we need to find a way to get production from the OF spots. 

No doubt in my mind we are keeping Clevinger down until his service time doesn’t accrue and we get him for an additional season.

Needed to be down for 20 days I think and we’re close to a week already.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Agree, but the Red Sox are not in a position to win even with a solid pitcher, so why would they do it?

because Clev is good, under a decent contract, and will better their future. They would like to save money by acquiring a legit arm by trade and then spend money on a bat

6 hours ago, FEARtheELF said:

Say the Red Sox call and offer Verdugo + for Clevinger. Is that something the Indians have to consider?

I would do it in a heartbeat. Can we please get an OF who has a long term future...

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Isn't Puig still out there?  I understand we have a hundred outfielders, (none of whom can hit)  It's crazy to me that we haven't given him an offer to come back?  Did he opt out, sign with someone else?  What am I missing here?

he came to an agreement with the just-as-racistly named Braves, but contracted COVID prior to signing, so the deal feel through. (this was all prior to the season starting back up)

I don't believe there has been any news on him since.

Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Ramirez, Lindor and Santana need wake up calls.

To keep running them out in the 2-4 holes is insanity given their pathetic performance.