Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You don't want a guy who went to 8 straight postseasons with next to zero budget to do so?

This isn't the NFL or NBA man lol 

Tito reinvented the Cleveland Indians and they haven't had a manager even close to him 

tito went to 8 straight post seasons with the Indians? Thats news to me because that isnt true...

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

tito went to 8 straight post seasons with the Indians? Thats news to me because that isnt true...

I should rephrase that.... 

many years of actual interesting baseball that Cleveland wouldnt have been apart of it wasnt for Tito and Willis.

Some of you really forget how decrepit baseball is when your team sucks dont you. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Pretty sure Alomar is his own man. How do you know he won’t develop guys?  Besides development is more the job of the minor league system. 

no minor leaguer is ever a finished project once they come up. They still needed to be molded and developed still.

We have recently seen two players from our organzation go on and do big things with other organizations cause they developed them. I dont blame the Indians for it because they were road blocked by better vets. Im talking about Yandy and Gio. 

I dont believe in Sandy cause he refused to play young guys over the terrible vets on this team this past season. 

Maybe he might be but I wouldnt mind seeing the team move on from Tito, maybe move him into the FO

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Realizing that your a small market Indians team and being relevant at all is a victory. 

It's very easy to not watch baseball when your team is bad, I've enjoyed the past 7-8 years getting back into baseball and caring about watching it. Having the Indians go back into rebuilding mode for a decade would lose 1/2 the fans they spent the better part of this decade trying to get back.

I have so many good memories since Tito took over watching the Indians just being IN the playoffs and having that hype. I don't want that to go away even if I'm my heart of hearts I know we won't win the entire thing.

This year was fun to watch even though everyone knew the Indians were not a real WS contender. It kept me engaged and kept me interested in the team. As a small market team with the 24th or whatever payroll, that's a win. You sell off the entire team for a rebuild then you lose and become the Pirates, Reds or Tigers. Nobody wants to root for that and I probably won't ever pay attention to the Indians if they do that, which sucks

If that’s what makes you happy as a fan, more power to you. It’s not my right to tell you what should entertain your or not.

If the Indians just sign a bunch of garbage vets to compete for a WC and keep young guys from coming up, I won’t watch a single game.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If that’s what makes you happy as a fan, more power to you. It’s not my right to tell you what should entertain your or not.

If the Indians just sign a bunch of garbage vets to compete for a WC and keep young guys from coming up, I won’t watch a single game.

I guess my issue (knowin Lindor is gone) is that you BETTER get some top tier hitting prospects in return for him to fast track this rebuild. I dont want to see the Indians do a Clevenger trade where they get 47 mid-level prospects in return. If they can swing one elite level prospect like Lux or 2-3 really good prospects then I will say its a win.

However Frankie putting the Indians on blast for being cheap does not bode well for anybody in the future either resigning.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I guess my issue (knowin Lindor is gone) is that you BETTER get some top tier hitting prospects in return for him to fast track this rebuild. I dont want to see the Indians do a Clevenger trade where they get 47 mid-level prospects in return. If they can swing one elite level prospect like Lux or 2-3 really good prospects then I will say its a win.

However Frankie putting the Indians on blast for being cheap does not bode well for anybody in the future either resigning.

Frankie blasting wont do them anything. Everyone already knows they are cheap. Indians could build a HoF squad from the amount of talent the Dolan's have let walk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Frankie blasting wont do them anything. Everyone already knows they are cheap. Indians could build a HoF squad from the amount of talent the Dolan's have let walk.

Thats true, which is why I dont think they can ever win a WS. They caught lightning in a bottle in 2016 with the amount of talent they had and that was their chance. But they blew a 3-1 lead.

Now we have to wait another 10-15 years to get another Lindor/JRam duo and pray we are stll elite at developing 4 ace pitchers.

Think about it, the fact that the Indians somehow devloped Santana, Kipnis, JRam, Lindor and Brantley all at the same time was insane. I dont know if we will ever be able to replicate that again

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats true, which is why I dont think they can ever win a WS. They caught lightning in a bottle in 2016 with the amount of talent they had and that was their chance. But they blew a 3-1 lead.

Now we have to wait another 10-15 years to get another Lindor/JRam duo and pray we are stll elite at developing 4 ace pitchers.

Think about it, the fact that the Indians somehow devloped Santana, Kipnis, JRam, Lindor and Brantley all at the same time was insane. I dont know if we will ever be able to replicate that again

Can’t even say that. We should have won the World Series in ‘07.

just wish when they get one of the good teams that they actually sell out for the WS. They kinda did in ‘16 going after Andrew Miller. 

So what is your offseason to do list?

1. Trade Frankie, it’s happening no matter what.

2. Get rid of Santana. He’s going to be 35 and he had his 2nd worst career stats this season.

3. Move on from Brad Hand. I say this only because of his $$$$.

4. Call up the young guys: Nolan Jones, Tyler Freeman, and maybe Bo Naylor.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

2. Get rid of Santana. He’s going to be 35 and he had his 2nd worst career stats this season.

I would be all in on this if we somehow could also get rid of Cimber and add at least one legitimate bat.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

1. Yep trade Frankie

2. Santana is as good as gone with his cheap buy out 

3. You don’t move on from Hand, you at least trade him for something

4. Bo Naylor isn’t ready yet. I would rather have Berto working with the staff again especially since so many are young. 

I want to see Johnson, Jones, and at least Bradley up