Cleveland Guardians official Thread: Take care Tito

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I’m nearing the end of my interest in this franchise / sport.... and that says a crapload, as I have never waivered with the Browns or Cavs

Browns and Cavs have been bad. Indians have been cheap. Browns and Cavs could have spend all the money in the world and they prolly wouldnt win because of poor coaching and drafting outside of the Lebron years. Dolans and indians could have won a title or two if ownership was willing to spend money or take on contracts.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I’m nearing the end of my interest in this franchise / sport.... and that says a crapload, as I have never waivered with the Browns or Cavs

It’s where I’m at. You can’t win with cheap owners. 

People praise the Indians for how well run they are, yet you see teams like the Rays have better success.

So they have a cheap owner and it’s debatable how well run they are.

47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Browns and Cavs have been bad. Indians have been cheap. Browns and Cavs could have spend all the money in the world and they prolly wouldnt win because of poor coaching and drafting outside of the Lebron years. Dolans and indians could have won a title or two if ownership was willing to spend money or take on contracts.

Gilbert at least spends and wants to do everything he can to make the Cavs good he's just a impatient moron sometimes and has no idea how to assemble the right pieces 

If you combine the indians front office brains and how to build a team and the Cavs willing to spend to win then you would have a great front office.

They are like right brain and left brain. The only thing that makes me like watching the Cavs more is seeing player development in real time along knowing that they are trying everything they can to win even if they may suck

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Yep.

19 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Gilbert at least spends and wants to do everything he can to make the Cavs good he's just a impatient moron sometimes and has no idea how to assemble the right pieces 

If you combine the indians front office brains and how to build a team and the Cavs willing to spend to win then you would have a great front office.

They are like right brain and left brain. The only thing that makes me like watching the Cavs more is seeing player development in real time along knowing that they are trying everything they can to win even if they may suck

Dan Gilbert is rare though. Think of every pro sports owner (of the big 4 leagues). Dan is the 2nd richest out of ALL of them.

Yes, he has more money than the owners of the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, and etc. Therefore he can afford to spend and financially take a hit tanking.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Dan Gilbert is rare though. Think of every pro sports owner (of the big 4 leagues). Dan is the 2nd richest out of ALL of them.

Yes, he has more money than the owners of the Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, and etc. Therefore he can afford to spend and financially take a hit tanking.

True but rich people stay rich because they dont go into the red. I remember a article saying that the Cavs were so deep into the luxury tax when they won a title they actually lost $18 million dollars that season. I can see him being willing to stay above the cap for long (which he wont this season)

Edit: It was $40 million they lose. More than any other teamin the NBA

Edited by AkronsWitness
1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

True but rich people stay rich because they dont go into the red. I remember a article saying that the Cavs were so deep into the luxury tax when they won a title they actually lost $18 million dollars that season. I can see him being willing to stay above the cap for long (which he wont this season)

Edit: It was $40 million they lose. More than any other teamin the NBA

I refuse to believe that.

The man made billions off of Lebron.

2 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I've basically lost most interest about two years ago. I'll still watch them here and there but my interest is no where near where it once was. It's hard to stay invested in a team that is so constantly cheap year after year.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He is the 19th richest person in the world!

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

If you guys hate the Dolans now hold on to (sicyour butts. Looks like they’ve lost in the multiple millions of dollars this year. Keep the hate flowing 😈

The best thing that the Dolans could do for fans is sell the team.

The worst thing they could do is move it and profit from the move.