Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I barely survived letting go of back to back cy young winner. At least we have a really good front office aside from the ownership. They’ve proven they can rebuild on the fly and find elite talent. 

Their competence is what makes it especially frustrating. 

It’s like, if they cared one bit about winning they’d give the FO the go ahead to spend a little cash.  But they don’t.

22 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

spineless coward 

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol “we feel this name is unacceptable moving forward, but we already ordered our 2021 merch, so we’ll fix it after that.”

This take aged very well:

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My breaking point has been this off-season altogether, which started with this interview:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/mlb/indians/fans-concerned-by-paul-dolan-saying-enjoy-him-in-reference-to-indians-ss-francisco-lindor/95-1b2025da-fd31-4c8b-a4ce-e2925646d77f

Then throw in this:

EouQQbnWMAAwTcp?format=jpg&name=medium

And you have a guy who is clearly setting himself up for major profit wins, crapping in the face of this fanbase altogether, making zero concerted effort to win/put together a capable roster, a guy who dumped Brad Hand instead of picking up a $1 million roster bonus when he could have traded him for a decent return...the list goes on.

I barely survived the purge circa 2000-2003 with Thome, Manny, Omar, and company, but this is probably going to ice it for me.

And considering he's setting himself up to be the "hero" of the story in the mainstream media and doing it to make millions in merchandise, rebranding, etc. and purely for those reasons, while setting this city/fanbase up to be the villains...pardon me if I don't see through this blatantly transparent façade. 

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So, he says this, which many could foresee as legitimate, whether or not you agree, and then there's this gem:

24 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No new name

No interim name

No Tribe

Let's play as the Indians because we waited too long to make any actual money off of this. Let's save the positive PR when we can get some cash flow after COVID.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...