Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

8 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I feel like Naylor could be that 5th dude that becomes a legit hitter, but that isn't gonna give us much. Still not a lot of pop out there. 

Nope. I honestly think every batter that steps up is going to become an out if it's not Jose or Reyes

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nope. I honestly think every batter that steps up is going to become an out if it's not Jose or Reyes

It might help some if they would trash Bauers and Gamel and give Bradley and Johnson a chance.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Not sure you understand cancel culture.

I did not buy into Mayfield as a franchise QB for good reasons with which many agreed.

Still don't until he repeats what he showed the second half of last season.

I understand it but i am just Busting your kumquats...smh

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No love for Cesar?

Hes alright, but Im still trying to mentally adjust going from Edwin, Santana, Lindor, Brantley, ect, ect to putting faith in guys like Cesar Hernandez, Jordan Luplow and Jake Bauers.

Its hard. Baseball is already a hard enough sport to watch. Its even harder for me to maintain interest when our owner is blatantly taking with the lowest payroll in baseball.

There is only so much 'silver lining' talking myself into it type of stuff I can do before I mentally check out. Similar to the Blue Jackets. Its easy to get into MLB/NHL when your local team is competitive and is looking to make the playoffs--its much harder when you know they suck.

The worst part in baseball is that 'tanking' doesnt even get you anything for the next year. It gets you a prospect that maybe in 3-4 years you might hear from

Edited by AkronsWitness

Ok this Freaking organizations makes a big deal about having Bauers on the big league club so he gets his last shot with the team. So instead of giving him every day playing time to freaking prove himself, they barely play him to start the freaking year...

are you freaking kidding me. Let him sink or swim. If they are playing the lefty righty match up game to protect him, then he is not the freaking answer at 1B and just move on from him already. Jesus Christ...